- All vehicle use should be blocked behind a skill.
- Steam truck and truck should require a driving skill.
- Excavator and skid steer should require digging skill.
- Hand plough and steam tracker should require the farming skill.
- No current vehicles should be able to destroy rock, only collect it.
Right now there is just too many balance issues because all you need to do is buy a few vehicles and many skills and professions, become useless. Players are doing jobs that they otherwise never specialized in. A person doesn't just get into a vehicle and know exactly what to do, they require training. While it's true that many machines do take over manual labor, there is always a trained professional behind the machine. I play a high specialization server and the only reason people buy rock, iron, or other resources, is not because they're unable to, but because they don't want to. It's breaking the economic aspects of the game.