I was hoping it would at least increase the farming skill, as a way to increase that skill even if you are out of other seeds. Have you noticed it doing that at least?
Posts made by Kikketer
RE: Underground house
Do we think that the "ideal" home will form and we will lose some of the creativity and such that you see in other sandbox type games? I was thinking something like this as I was building a house waiting for all the requirements to become green. The instant they became green I would stop building, regardless of holes in the roof and whatnot.
I guess it comes down to the "role play" aspect. I like my home/building looking nice even at the cost of a couple more bits of resources.
For those of you looking to maximize, I'm sure the "underground" or "cliff" home will be a frequent build :)
RE: Eco: Global Survival Wiki Volunteer Team
I'll be in editing soon enough!
Do you have some sort of format you wish to follow? For example the "axe" needs revising, I was planning on just brain-dumping everything I knew about the ECO axe. At what point is it considered "done"?
RE: Post your first impressions here.
This thing really has potential to be something big and enjoyable to play with friends.
Cons (start here to end on a good note):
- A bit awkward to get started. The controls kind of threw me off with the whole "tab" thing to mouse around.
- I also found on the mac client that my external mouse refused to make my head turn (and only be a menu mouse). I also wanted to update the look of my building after I made a holy roof but didn't have authorization to change it? Strange.
- I feel that if the houses are prescribed, we could basically stand there with a tool and smash a post until all the requirements are met... it was very awkward jumping and attempting to build a box. I would suggest removing the prescription and just having requirements to the "inside item" ... for example I want to build a box to store things in, it says "make me an enclosed building". This way buildings could be reused?
- Real world times, but not real world growth times? So time is 1:1 (cool), but my plants take 2minutes to sprout? Gotta pick one or the other I think, I vote for faster game time to give the growth a more realistic timeframe.
- I was able to connect to my buddies server easily enough. There didn't seem to be too much lag.
- The graphics are awesome, I like the "cartoony but realistic" look and the not-square-blocks. I'm a the "fantastic" graphic level
- The economy and balancing of the "real world" physics seems pretty spot on.
Keep up the good work!
Just wanted to toss up a high five after I watched your Twitch video. Things look great, and it seems you have things segregated and ironed well. From what I saw it must to be hard to not just sit and play :)
Thank you for being so open about your development process and even taking suggestions/questions live. I also love the openness of the application such as the ability for people to run their own server. It really makes me feel like I can be part of the progress and help shape the game.
Good work, and keep it up!