An update for our Alpha 5 Ecosystem release of Eco: climate sim, new biomes, dynamic plants!

• the animals have age and the reason you got 0 from the hare was because it was to young and it rounded down to 0. can happen with any animal i believe. you should be able to cook the carcass in a campfire. was where it was on A5.0

• Carcass in the capfire, confirmed. Thanks for the hard work, and the update, Metachronism!

• i have an aplha 5 server, i had alot of citizens using 4.2, EffenDor 2.0

• What's the ETA on the next pre-release? PingPerfect seem to be struggling with the current.

• "Prerelease 3" will be out this weekend, we are going to continue fixing bugs till it is stable, before we sign off on the official release

• Good work devs! I went back to A4 for now. Can't wait to play a solid A5 version!

• SLG Debug server is running prerelease 3, does that mean were getting it soon?

• @cyrus1087 said:

SLG Debug server is running prerelease 3, does that mean were getting it soon?

ugh...thats just like saying, " I smell cookies" with kids around.

• Apparently we're getting it this weekend.

• cookies.png

I NEED THE COOOOKIE!!!

• Wouldn't get too excited about pre-release 3 this weekend. Would be nice to have a day off work to play the update but more than likely it will be super late tonight or even really really early Monday morning before we see it.

• This post is deleted!

• @Metachronism said:

"Prerelease 3" will be out this weekend, we are going to continue fixing bugs till it is stable, before we sign off on the official release

So much for "this weekend"

The weekend is over.

• If i remember correctly, they go by PDT so its only 9:12pm. so still some time...but i still want the cookie lol

• and plus, its still the weekend at 11:59pm ;P

• Yea you're right bobby.... good job pointing out PST is different than CST, and the date doesn't change till midnight. For all reasonable game playing purposes, the weekend is over "shortly" was my point, and they have yet to say anything about 3.0.

• lol i know but i have full faith that they are working hard on it right now with their keyboards soaked in sweat :P hehe that actually would be a funny picture to post on the forum

• I would rather wait another week or month for a solid version then to get the next buggy/unfinishable version in the next few minutes! It will come when it comes guys! :)

• oh i agree, but its like i keep saying, the damn cookie smell lol

• @pan7s said:

I would rather wait another week or month for a solid version then to get the next buggy/unfinishable version in the next few minutes! It will come when it comes guys! :)

See the bug and error lists that was created by the masses on pre-release 1.0 and pre-release 2.0? Imagine how long it would take a handful of the dev team to find and make that same list. The reason of the pre-release testing is to find bugs and errors in the code for the dev team. If we don't test, they are forced to test things and we, as a large group can test allot faster than a few development team members that have other things to do than test a game, they are busy fixing the game.

They put out a version, we test and report the issues, they fix the issues, put out an updated version. Rinse and repeat till we get a game they are satisfied with and we are happy to play. If we don't test the versions, they are forced to stop fixing the bugs and play the game to find more issues. That kind of testing takes away from their time of fixing the issues. This is alpha, we are not here to play a bug free / unfinishable game, we are here to test and test and test. If we wait to test their next version and go back to a more "playable" edition of the game, then the testing they need will take even longer to reach a finished released game eventually.

But what do I know, this is only my 100+ alpha, this one could be way different than the others. Who knows.