An update for our Alpha 5 Ecosystem release of Eco: climate sim, new biomes, dynamic plants!

• hey guys. ive been puttering around in your test server, and noticed a few things.

well so far ive just walked around and built a hut. put both the workbench and research table inside, but both tables dont seem to recognize materials put inside. however with the workbench im somehow able to create stairs without having boards in stock.
    looking forward to tomorrows real release. thanks a ton for this great game though. 100 points to strangeloopgames

• oh forgot to also mention. i cant seem to turn the sound on. i move the sliders up then hit esc and they reset back to 0 sound.

• Ohhh I bought it and setup a server just in time for a big update? SWEET this game is so cool I am thinking of buying copies for all my nieces and nephews soon as its done

• Another issue, looks like besides the music / SFX going back to 0, the resolution that you set in the launcher doesn't stick to the config file either.

• hey, just hopped on the slg server to try a few things:

• chests cant be locked/unlocked anymore?
    • chests dont need a room anymore?
    • chests being "public storage" even on claimed property? is it unlocked or locked - i cant tell
    • no weight display in the backpack anymore? x/20
    • crafting/chest ui-windows dont dissapear when you move to far away? it's not only the window, also the access-range. i can manage my chest from far away as long as i leave the window open
    • having logging yield and chopping pieces big enough that would give you more than 5 logs at once results in "you can only carry 5 logs". this would potentially brick the log pickup entirely if the yield skill is high enough.
    • tooltips in the skills-ui no longer show the actual increase you get, only vague "log gain is increased / reduces calorie usage" - no flat values or percentages (please give us this information back)
    • scythe harvest results in the plant dissapearing from the world and the player not getting anything in the inventory (handpicking fern and berries is the only way to get food right now)

edit:

• controls/cursor keeps going back into "player mode" while you are in "interface mode" this is particularly disturbing when you are doing crafts and clicking in the interface when you suddenly move around with your player/camera
    • neither workbench nor research table recognize the items in storage (i tried both public and private)
    • the "split stack" window is non-responsive. you can move the slider but you cant click "ok" or move the window itself.
    • wooden stairs are indicated with 0 board cost. you can craft 1 at a time, with a larger order it says "you do not have the items needed to create this order"

and because of those bugs, this is as far as i can progress with this version (im aware that it's not the real alpha 5)

hope you guys can unbrick the game soon so we can enjoy a playable alpha 5 version

because besides the bugs that make this version -currently- unplayable i enjoyed the new features, graphics and content alot and am looking forward to see a functioning alpha 5!

my favourite new feature? not having your workbenches/stores(i assume) blocked for removal by other players (after 24 hrs) anymore.Screenshot_506.png

• @Will-Eco said:

We’ve been working hard getting the Ecosystem update ready for Eco Alpha 5 and looking forward to getting feedback from our early backers. We’ve decided to give it a few more weeks of polish and bug-fixing before we send it out, so we’re moving the Alpha 5 date to Oct 24th.

After playing on the test server last night for a few hours, A5 is very much broken still. Are we looking at another few weeks before A5 comes out??

• @Prayr said:

@Will-Eco said:

We’ve been working hard getting the Ecosystem update ready for Eco Alpha 5 and looking forward to getting feedback from our early backers. We’ve decided to give it a few more weeks of polish and bug-fixing before we send it out, so we’re moving the Alpha 5 date to Oct 24th.

After playing on the test server last night for a few hours, A5 is very much broken still. Are we looking at another few weeks before A5 comes out??

'THIS BUILD IS NOT THE REAL ALPHA 5 VERSION
    REAL VERSION SHOULD BE TOMORROW
    USE AT OWN RISK (MIGHT/WILL BE BUGGY)'

Maybe wait until the release version today?

• This ^

• It's October 24th, but I can't seem to download the Alpha 5 on my account. It only gives the option for Alpha 4.2 and I cant seem to get the support tab to work so I thought I'd ask here.

• ya same here wondering when exactly five is going be posted also I am wonder are we suppose to get steam keys today it talked about that in the beta 5 stuff steam keys being released ?

"Alpha 4 is available now at strangeloopgames.com/eco however, and all buyers will get all future versions (including a Steam key)"

after all Alpha 5 is a future version form Alpha 4

• Patience folks :) also steam keys. They stated multiple times that it won't be until 2017

• It will be later today. Sorry! We should get into the habit of setting release dates as midnight the day following, so this doesn't happen again. I believe this was the original intention, sorry!

• So still can you clarify further. Will it be released today of the 24th? and a general open flexible time?

• We are fixing last minute critical bugs - the final build will go out later today, I don't have a specific time but probably around 6pm PST.

If you are on slack, you can check the testing channel for earlier builds access, will be doing multiple throughout today.

• @Metachronism Right on dude Always worth the wait for a smooth update.

• @Metachronism so the release date is really the 25th ?

• @Metachronism said:

We are fixing last minute critical bugs - the final build will go out later today, I don't have a specific time but probably around 6pm PST.

If you are on slack, you can check the testing channel for earlier builds access, will be doing multiple throughout today.

"Slack?" Anyone know what this is? Or know about the testing channel.

• @Prayr its a development chat service. I assume kickstart backers got access to it

• Im good with a release 1 Day later if it fixes more bugs :) Hopefully more people start playing again with A5 release

• @KeenSama said:

@Prayr its a development chat service. I assume kickstart backers got access to it

ok thanks