An update for our Alpha 5 Ecosystem release of Eco: climate sim, new biomes, dynamic plants!

• Banned

@Dislexic123 Some of us have bills too pay, We don't live from daddy and mommy's wallet anymore...

• @EvilKenevil said:

@Dislexic123 Some of us have bills too pay, We don't live from daddy and mommy's wallet anymore...

Hey high end pc are not performing necessarily any better ;) but yea there is going to be more optimization later.. its just a bit hard to do because the code is still undergoing major changes, thats why not all bugs get fixed always right away etc. Would take to much time and they would end up with the exact same issue again. The general idea is that eco should be able to run on low end systems to (Disclaimer: no promises made here!) because its supposed to be used in school and school environments too

• Banned

Indeed, Schools run even worse systems than I do. I feel like the game is never going to get to a stage of running in schools, it is going to be to laggy

• Great work guys! I am quite pleased with the advancements that have been made to the game and I look forward to how it will all work together. How the layers interact to create a living ecology in the game. I also hope that in the long run this includes not only Elk, wolves and rabbits. But also everything that a normal biosphere would have. Looking forward to the update later this month (or next if there are complications).

• We still good for alpha 5 tomorrow ???

• Would be an AMAZING surprise of you guys hit us with the update today.......

• So young, so naive.

• @darkensign said:

So young, so naive.

Hey now there is some positive attitude, I hear they love that around here. You should keep it up!!

• THIS BUILD IS NOT THE REAL ALPHA 5 VERSION
    REAL VERSION SHOULD BE TOMORROW
    USE AT OWN RISK (MIGHT/WILL BE BUGGY)
    SERVER: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVks4xzECOUjLU5ma4ga58hSBe71Q
    CLIENT: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVks4xzECOUi9ZUATBhUnnBzJS97g

• SWEET !! thank you!

• if all your objects look like storage chests, redownload the client. There was a slight bug.

• @Metachronism Ok, thanks!

• I'll set up a little private server and give it a whirly whirl.

• The SLG Debug Alpha 5 server is running. You can test there as well. Post anything glaring you might find and I will try and get it fixed by tomorrows release. There are quite a few animal related fixes pending soon (I think you can't hunt them right now)

• @Metachronism Great, thanks!

• @Metachronism loading world hangs at 40% wont go any further, and redownloaded client after you said something about the tables all looking like chests.

• Similar issue here. I get stuck at 38%.

• Yup. 38% on the local server, stuck on 40% on the SLG server.

• Looks like it might just need a really long time to load, i have let it sit and its up to 45% now

• Output log.

Initialize engine version: 5.4.2f2 (b7e030c65c9b)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
        Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
        Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 (ID=0xdc4)
        Vendor:   NVIDIA
        VRAM:     979 MB
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\SampleClassLibrary.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\SampleClassLibrary.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\Eco.Shared.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\Eco.Shared.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\LZ4.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\LZ4.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in  0.042 seconds
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 0.951092 ms
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Eco\Eco_Data\Managed\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
      at NetworkManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

at InputManager.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'DragZone') is missing!

(Filename:  Line: 1656)

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Laws') is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object 'Laws') is missing!

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Triplanar/Masked Triplanar Pollutable' - Pass 'FORWARD' has no fragment shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Triplanar/Masked Triplanar Pollutable' - Pass 'FORWARD_DELTA' has no vertex shader
      at Rotate.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at BowController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

It goes on like this.