Server Crashing

• Server crashing on boot. Says 'abort Add operation as it seems to be going on forever (20) attempts at growing octree then window closes with an error. It was working an hour ago and i havent changed anything. Any Ideas?

• could you please give us the complete crash log ? there should be a crash dumb in a folder with the server

• Having same issue. Occurred after trying to load a backup of my server;
    Crash log is right here 09140409.ecodmp

Edit: I checked my Storage folder and found there were loose files outside of my backup folders; Upon removing those I was able to launch the server with no issue. One of those folders must have been corrupt, however it has not allowed me to successfully reload my backup.

• This is happening to me too, but I this is the first time I'm trying to set up a server on this computer, so there are no files in my Storage folder.

• Check the world size, extremely large (>200x200) worlds are not really tested and can cause this octree error

• I am having the same issue with my server, but the world size is only 100x100. Here is the crash log: Crash 02105359.ecodmp

Is there a workaround for this issue that lets you use your backup files?

• @Alixstotle Also, it seems to be an issue with Storage/Game.eco. Is the cause known so I can try to avoid it?

• You have the server open 2 times? the error in your crash dumb says that some other program is blocking eco from accessing it @Alixstotle

• Unfortunately, I don't think I had the server open twice. It was repeating the octree message over and over, and it was using up more and more of my memory. The crash happened when my computer ran out of memory.

• Crash 02233219.ecodmp

When I attempt to start Server 5.4.

I am having the same Octree error. This is upon initial start. The server will run for about 5 mins. Then the Windows reports a crash and has to close. When I restart the server, the Octree error appears.

Windows 10 64 bit
    12 GB RAM

• I should also note, the world size is at 100 x 100

• @chale1997 I ended up finding something of a workaround. I generated a totally new world, but used a different seed. Since then, I haven't had the octree issue.

• @Alixstotle Thanks for the info. Unfortunately using a new seed did not work for me.

I re-installed the server software. Tried to generate a new seed. The World Generator never finished. Server crashed again and with Octree error.Crash 02254209.ecodmp

• @chale1997 So it's crashing for you the first time you try to generate the world? For me it only happened after playing on it.

• Did you try to put in admin or anything in config files you changed?

"Admins": {
    "$id": "4",
    "System.String": {
    "$type": "System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.String, mscorlib]], mscorlib",
    "$values": ["Boogermonster"]
    }
    },
    "MaxSlots": -1
    }

if you have the as "$values": ["Boogermonster] it will crash the server instantly

• @Metachronism said:

Check the world size, extremely large (>200x200) worlds are not really tested and can cause this octree error

this response not relevant I think to this issue but I wanted comment on the world size and crashes I reported this as a bug in past back in version 4 still seems be issue in 5.5

world sizes due cause crashes

I can report that off sizes that are below 100x100 height 100 or 125 can cause issues for example

70x70 H 100 is fine but 75x75 H100 will crash once someone joins game

80x80 H 125 is fine but 85X85 H 125 crash if someone joins

60x60 H 100 is fine but 62x62 h100 crash when someone joins