How to set up eco server / Quick Guide (Work in progress Guide!)

• Thank you both very much that's just what i need to know.

• I saw that we need to port forward if we want to make a server, at the moment Iive in a shared house with no access to the rooter password, I am intrested to know if port forward will go away because is a big issue for me.

• The updated version is on the wiki.. it says this is a old version and is on the wiki no.

But yes you have to forward through your router if you want people outside your home to see the server and that will remain on the server. Servers that require posts for connection will need ports and they will need to be forwarded. This will be a permanent requirement

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• In the beginning of this guide you say that you can change the size of the world but every time I change it to a larger size it stays the same .

• @AMX Only with new worlds not an existing one. You can definitely change the world size of new worlds but existing worlds will always remain the same size from when they were created.

• So I would change the size immediately after the world is generated then restart it ?

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• Hello I am having an error come up when I try to start my server. It is stating an "Unhandled Exception: System.Net.Sockets.SocketExceptions: The requested address is not valid in its context at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress) at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(Endpoint localEP) at Lidgren.Network.NetPeer.BindSocket(Boolean reBind)" at it continues for a few more lines stating "Eco.Plugin" issues, "System.Threading" issues, and a few more "Lidgreen.Network" issues.

• @B-Bludlyne mhhh that odd .. not sure if its a port binding issue or if its an issue with the interface address that is causing the issue. I would need more info about what local ip interface the server tries to use or if its maybe a port issue where the port is already in use ( though i would have expected a more direct message for a port issue )

I think discord would be the right place to help you via DM to get a more live support though