Some kind of lift or elevator system.

• I've been building in both directions up and down. I have many buildings that are tall and some that have deep basements.

I would love to see some sort of elevator system.

• I like the idea of using rope & pulley systems early in the game. Sure would make traversing vertical constructions much easier, but it also offers the ability to make old school mineshafts where you actually descend into the earth, mine out the resources, and haul them up.
    Later upgrading to motor and chains, and even actual elevators.

• any form of vertical travel would be loved in this game. right now to go up 1 block with any form of transportation it takes a ramp, which takes 4 long to go up 1, so to go up 10 it will take a ramp of 40 blocks stretched out, or switchbacks, but switchbacks with a powered cart are annoying lol and a 40block long ramp is fun but thats alot of space.

• @stormoffires said:

...or switchbacks, but switchbacks with a powered cart are annoying lol and a 40block long ramp is fun but thats alot of space.

Switchbacks in general are a pain, I agree.

• Yes, I was thinking of the rope and pulley idea with later advancements from tech progression.

Right now i just build 4x4 sections around my building and build a spiraling ramp with flat locations so that i can load and unload carts as needed.

• This may be a little off topic, but because it has to do with ramps.

Does anyone know how I can remove a dirt ramp once I've placed it. I have not found a way to remove them once placed.

• @xefipor said:

This may be a little off topic, but because it has to do with ramps.

Does anyone know how I can remove a dirt ramp once I've placed it. I have not found a way to remove them once placed.

Use a hammer. I think it was fixed in the patch, but it used to be you had to look at a block next to it, start swinging the hammer then look at the ramp, but a hammer alone should get rid of it now.

• Thank you, using the hammer works.

You still have to look at the block next to the ramp to start swinging, but it does remove the ramp when you turn.

• Lifts would be nice for the future.
    One of our users has a half way solution. He build a 3x2 drop shaft for carts to the lowest level of his mine.
    And has a ramp system the goes back up. He drives his cart it the drop shaft, falls all the way down with the cart, fills it and brings it up his ramps.

• Ladder would be a great low-tech start to vertical movement system, eventually leading to elevators.
    Perhaps these could be done together in a way that minimized the codding needed?
    http://ecoforum.strangeloopgames.com/topic/1298/can-we-have-a-ladder