Can't use dev forums?

• cant seem to get on them or download the game.

• Is a download available?
    Just purchased.
    Thanks

• Hey. and welcome to the forums. For now i think the dev forums is only for persons that have 125$ tier or above ( if i am not mistaking) the alpha has also not yet been released.

if you have a 125$ tier just poke me and i get in contact with one of the strangeloop Developers=)

hope that helps you =)

• Something I've actually been wondering due to the ambiguity of how the Developer tier is worded is if we purchase or upgrade to that tier, do we get the full source code with which we can actually build the full game ourselves (I think this is probably the case as another post referenced building the client and server) or is it as the text in the Developer tier suggested that you only get access to game play portions of the code therefore couldn't actually build and play the game?

I'm considering upgrading my tier to Development tier so I can get a feel for the code and give a whirl now as well as test code changes as they happen.

• yes you get the full code . all you need to build and modify the code ... i have the dev tier my self, so i am currently doing early testing. with the dev tier you can help development.

for now you can only buy the dev tier, there is not system in place to upgrade it.

development is currently only possible though on windows if i am not wrong. you need unity and visual studio to work efficiently and build the game, svn and github to download the game.

please be aware for now you are allowed to build server for your self but you are not allowed to share your own build at this point ( might change maybe later?) but you can use the source code to start making your own plugins or help develop the game

i hope that answers you question

• @NoBlackThunder said:

yes you get the full code . all you need to build and modify the code ... i have the dev tier my self, so i am currently doing early testing. with the dev tier you can help development.

for now you can only buy the dev tier, there is not system in place to upgrade it.

development is currently only possible though on windows if i am not wrong. you need unity and visual studio to work efficiently and build the game, svn and github to download the game.

please be aware for now you are allowed to build server for your self but you are not allowed to share your own build at this point ( might change maybe later?) but you can use the source code to start making your own plugins or help develop the game

i hope that answers you question

Hmm are you sure you can't upgrade to it? Because on the account page I actually have the option to upgrade to it by spending an extra $115 on top of my $60 two-pack. I don't wanna "upgrade" then find that for some reason I don't have the appropriate access due to them not allowing upgrades.

• no i am not sure .. if you get the option to upgrade then i guess you can =D

• Sweet. I might do that. Even if I don't play much with the source I'd love to give the extra money to help support them. It is definitely one of the most worthy projects I've seen. Great game play AND educational. Not even in your face propaganda educational. Just... straight to the point "Do x and y can happen as a result" kind of educational. It makes me happy.

Though I do love fiddling with source code and tinkering. I wouldn't have any intention of sharing the code at all.

• Yep upgrades will get source access, hoping to get lots of involvement with the community as we push towards release.

• Thanks folks, good info.
    So what is the anticipated Alpha release date (If a date is set)?
    Looking forward to using this for Education.

• For now the official info is that they will try to get the alpha out early / mid November. but this is only an estimation so far i know .. no exact date has been set, and it could change too. but should not be to long from now

• As NBT said, they are pushing for Mid-Nov but anything can happen. The Dev tier already reported a bunch of bugs with their first play through, and I'm sure there will be more bugs popping up now that the QA team technically expanded a little with players testing out the game. Lets hope for the best and most importantly: be patient.

• I upgraded my pledge to the Developer tier but I'm not sure what process I need to go through to get added to the repository and Dev forum. I put in a support form a few hours ago but haven't heard anything and still don't appear to have access. Luckily I'm still setting up my dev environment VM but not sure if that stuff needs to be done manually or what not.

• when you get access to github , there is a readme file that explains what you need and how to set it up partialy.. i visual studio you open first the server stuff and build that . then you need to make sure you have all large file content on the right sport ( explained on github! ) and then you can build the client with unity, though i hate unity .. because of unity and large files are on another system its hard to build the client the first time .. but building server is fairly easy ( YEAA microsoft =P )

• btw did you get access to slack ? i am on slack too

• Hey folks,

Since we opened the forum to the public, it has created a bug in our process for getting dev's their super powers.

Out of time today, but the bug will be fixed tomorrow and I'll add anyone needing dev access.

• ahh dint know there was a group tag =P
    added it to my self =P

• i just wanted to say i was looking at the page and mis-clicked
    I have not purchased and so not deserve dev status
    please ignore my invite request

• @NoBlackThunder said:

Hey. and welcome to the forums. For now i think the dev forums is only for persons that have 125$ tier or above ( if i am not mistaking) the alpha has also not yet been released.

if you have a 125$ tier just poke me and i get in contact with one of the strangeloop Developers=)

hope that helps you =)

I have dev tier im a kickstarter backer lol i cant ppost on dev forums

• ok guess you need to send john a mail then and he fixes you right up when he gets time .. i spare you the trouble of searching for his mail =) john@strangeloopgames.com ...

but you should have gotten a mail from him several month ago .. so not sure what happens but he will check it out =P