Dead animals?

• So from what i can tell there is no way to get rid of dead animals?

• That's it. Alpha game.

• @Egrof very helpful.. lets give this man around of applause.. i guess them talking about going beta in the patch after Alpha 5 means the game must have just hit alpha last week and be so new and raw... thank you sir for your help.

• Please come down and stay friendly everybody :)
    Yes they stay, but maybe they will fix it in the next Alpha 5, as it is about ecological feautures ;)

• I think you won't be able to remove it. Players have to see the results of their acts. And there will be a PvP option, some will be able to break the laws, but others will try to catch them.
    Maybe dead animals will fade after a time.

• @Egrof said:

That's it. Alpha game.

To be fair...that could have been presented in a slightly less condescending manner?

@Egrof said:

I think you won't be able to remove it. Players have to see the results of their acts. And there will be a PvP option, some will be able to break the laws, but others will try to catch them.
    Maybe dead animals will fade after a time.

Realistically, animals dying isn't a bad thing...it maintains a balance. Members of every species have to die to maintain a natural order, and realistically I could see there needing to be a culling of deer now and then to maintain balance (and performance...I swear the reproduce like rabbits. Ironically, rabbits do also reproduce like rabbits :P)
    But having the corpses stay there untouched and immoveable is hardly logical. Since you kill them for meet, it would make sense that parts of a corpse stay there, but if there were uses for the other bits (skin, bones, etc) then I could see how a properly run economy could make use of the corpses entirely. Otherwise they should be "picked clean" in a few days. But for now they're just a nuisance...I wish you could at least bury them, because every time one dies on a bridge, I break a block to drop it to ground level, place the block back and POP, it's right back!

• You should be able to harvest, and therefore remove, dead animals in 4.2. That patch will likely come late today or, depending on where you live, early tomorrow.

• where did you hear 4.2 is coming out today or tomorrow?

• @stormoffires I think the ADMIN of the forums is a reliable source :P

• ^
    It's been posted around by the various admins, but most notably the other official announcement here http://ecoforum.strangeloopgames.com/topic/733/eco-wins-the-climate-challenge

Besides, Craig is also part of SLG's programming & development, not sure what title but I think I saw it somewhere, so if anyone is saying anything, he'd be one of them ones telling us.

Good to know what's part of 4.2 I'm looking forward to the announced changes. (and to see what else we can try to break. I mean test.)

• I'm working on it right now, actually - merging in a bunch of fixes and trying to revert some bigger changes we tried to get in but didn't make the date.

We'll definitely be looking to do another update (with bigger changes) after 4.2, but for now we'll be pushing out a bunch of bugfixes.

• Animals are selectable after being killed, for harvesting. disappear after harvested

Thank you!!!!!!!