I want to walk around in stead of jump around.

• I like the way the world looks. I don't enjoy walking around though. It's not walking around, it's jumping around. The real world has hills too, but you don't need to jump to get up them, all it does is make you walk slower. It would be really nice if blocks on the edge would slope, so hills would look more like real hills and you could walk without jumping.

• This jumpfest is actually a new thing, the earlier alphas allowed you to walk/climb up hills and cliffs just by moving toward them as you suggest. I'm not sure why exactly they changed it.

• they changed it because people could climb up everywhere. beside that .. well its a voxel game .. so you need to jump / climb in a way up in every voxel game i have seen that uses square voxels. you can always build roads that lets you walk normally. I also have no idea how else they could do it beside from an autojump .. but you would still have the same thing

• Yes, every other minecraft style game does this too. And it always annoys me.

They could have the the blocks slope automatically if the one next to it is one lower or one higher. Of course this should slow down walking, roads should be faster to walk on.

• We have been looking into using slopes in some situations. No promises, of course, but I don't like jumping around either!

• You could always keep the art the same but make the collision box sloped, so you maintain your style but avoid all the jumping.

• This post is deleted!

• If a block is one higher than the next block, they could both slope.
    In stead of this
    xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx
    you could have it look like this
    xxxxx
    xxxxxx
    xxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxx x
    xxxxxxxxxx xx
    xxxxxxxxxx xxx
    xxxxxxxxxx xxxxx
    xxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx

This would make the hills and uneven terrain look more natural. For walking around, you shouldn't have to jump to get to a one-higher block, but it should slow you down.

• Yea not working like that. Cant just with ease generate slops in terain.. Not how it works. Also people just removes them and same issue again

• I am talking about automatically appearing slopes: if you have two blocks of dirt or rubble or sand next to each other and one is one block higher than the other, then they could automatically slope towards each other.

• May look into FortressCraft. Dunno the mechanic used but there is no jumping up 1 blocks.

• For now, jumping is part of the game. Sure devs are debating on single block step-up system, but for now it is what it is. This isn't fortresscraft or minecraft with uphill step assist :)

• Sorry to disappoint the naysayers, but they're already working on eliminating the jumpfest =D

https://www.facebook.com/EcoVideoGame/posts/1051933611563308:0

• @NoBlackThunder said:

Yea not working like that. Cant just with ease generate slops in terain.. Not how it works. Also people just removes them and same issue again

You can, actually. 7 Days to Die is a voxel based game, and they started with square blocks. Moved to a walk-up-1-block-high system, and then they smoothed everything out. But I think they use diamonds instead, or something. I don't know, I'm not a game developer or programmer, but they have done something pretty incredible with it.

• They use diamond voxel and not square voxels and some custom voxel. not the exact same system ;)

• @NoBlackThunder Sure. but they did START with the same system.

• Banned

I find hills a struggle to walk up...