Ecosystem View Task
JohnK last edited by JohnK
Each Eco Server (player hosted or Strange Loop hosted) will host a server which can be connected to and display information. This will serve as both a development tool (getting a detailed view of the ecosystem) and later as a game feature (a god-view, which may be unlocked with equipment in game). It will also spur the development of a strong API which other third party tools can make use of.
- The server will present the locations of all organisms and players through a REST interface.
- A webpage will make this query, displaying the entities on a panning and zoomable map.
- Filters and auto-refresh let players update
- Players can click entities to get more debug data on them.
Current state of the tool:
Left to do:
- Better rendering of JSON data when clicking on an entity
- Better auto-refresh support, so entities move instead of rebuilding the map (cant pan while auto refreshing).
- Better performance with huge numbers of entities.