Minimap

• Okay so I am playing on a Mac OS X El Capitan. Every time I'm in the game I open up the minimap for reference, as do most. But for me I can't see anything on the minimap. All I can see are the players dots, the tops of the trees, and the icons for workbenches, chests etc. I can't see any terrain/ground. I can take a screenshot if that would be helpful, just let me know!

• Screenshot would be very helpful!

• Yes i had the same problem i want to see something on my minimap but they are showing nothing (sometimes) but after a restart of the game it works fine (you need a little patience to see something on your minimap)

• both of you have mac's ?

• nope my pc are windows 7 64 bit system but the problem don't goes away after a client restart of eco... (pc restart wont help too) After a server restart don't work for me...
    Others on the server had no problems with the minimap (think its a caching problem)

Open the minimap = game don't response of everything but i can walk around after a while (15-30 sec) i fall from the server

on our server the MAP are 80,80 (bigger than the normal map)
    and higher 120

Edit: After a longer break of the game it works again

• ok could you please provide me with some more information @TheLord ? like gpu /cpu model ? you could also send me you your dxdiag file per mail ( mail is safe since dxdiag files might contain sensible information like computer name and software version of you os and drivers )

you can send it to me via Florian@strangeloopgames.com

is this also happening on every server or only on larger server? if this only happens on larger server could you provide me with the server address so i can connect and see if i have the same issue ?

you can obtain the dxdiag file like this :
    If you are running Windows Vista or higher go to your task bar.
    Click on, "Start Button".
    Click on, "Run".
    In the pop-up window enter DxDiag and hit ok.
    The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear.
    Click on, "Save all information".
    Save As" window should be present.
    Click on, "Save" (The file should be saved to your desktop as DxDiag.txt)
    Exit the DirectX Diagnostic Tool

• Here's a screenshot, I figured out how to take one!
    Adding the picture was a hassle though so I came up with this: picture :D
    I put it as a link because I guess the file is too big to add to a post, sorry for the inconvenience.

• @BritishNomad could you give me some more detail about hour hardware ? GPU, cpu and ram?

• Oh goodness these are questions I dread, I'll try though!

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB
    CPU: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
    RAM: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

(I actually found it quite easy to find this information, hope it helps! :D)

• ahhh mac and those gpu that are only meant for like watching movies ... mhhh well i would recoment driver update but i dont know how that works with mac since apple handles all of that themselves if i am not wrong

• Minimap is using geometry shaders, which is a somewhat newer DX11 / OpenGL thing - its possible your video card doesn't support this or your graphics drivers are out of date.

We will be adding a mode to view the map for machines that don't support this however in the future. Could also be a mac thing, we don't have a lot of different Macs to test with right now.

• That's fine, it doesn't bug me a lot. I just use the mini map when I cross the ocean. I hope in the future though there will be different ways to see property lines, because right now I can't see any line so I have no idea how big my property is :P Thank you for your hard work! My Mac is pretty old so everything is probably out of date. No worries, work on other stuff like that fuel bug :P, that's definitely more important!

• I've got the same graphics card in my mac, and I have been able to render the minimap, but on my windows partition. Next time I'm testing mac build I'll try to figure this out.

• I hope your tests bear fruit ^-^ Good luck!