Using Mono Develop on OSX?

• Hello everyone!

I am thinking about upgrading my badge to the Developer Access, but since I own a Mac I wonder if I could develop and build Eco on my machine (using Mono Develop), or if I would need a Windows PC.
    I have seen a posting that shows how to set up a dev environment using Windows and MS Studio.

Can somebody help me with that?

Cheers
    Mick

• mhh that is a very good question, i think all developers develop this in windows. That said, it depends if you can build .net applications. I know Microsoft has Visual studio Code available for mac. you should check it out and see if you can work with winforms app in it. then the other question is if Unity supports building apps with dll files on mach ( though i think that is very likely ) so if you can do that then you should be able.

• Thank you for your response!

I already tried programming with Unity3d on my Mac. It comes with the Mono IDE as standard editor for C# programming. It works perfectly fine.
    So I guess that I also should be able to edit, compile, and run the Eco sources on my Mac.

I just ask, since I don't know if there are some specialities in the Eco code that prevent it from being edited or compiled on my Mac using Mono.

So if somebody knows it for sure, it would be great to hear about it.

• well i could always throw a sample project together for you so you can test it