Pollution...

• Hi All,

Relatively new to the game this year and have come across an issues I don't really understand and the Wiki seems void of any useful information on this subject.

I get that air pollution causes ground pollution, but can the height of your output pipes reduce this?? If not why not?

We seem to be getting a hall of ALOT more ground pollution than air, which is strange as we're using the Blast Furnace and Cement Kiln, and not on tailing producing recipes, it also takes a lot longer for ground pollution to clear and it seems to spread faster.

However there is someone else on the server I play that uses the Blast furnace and another that uses the cement Kiln, and they are often using these machines yet there seems to be little to no air or ground pollution coming from these...
    One thing that might be pertinent is that they are in a desert Biome, does this reduce the amount of ground pollution transfer from the air?

If someone understands how this works then please explain it as I'm having a hard time trying to figure out my pollution levels vs others...

I'm also max level for smelting so it's not like i'm inefficient and using them for longer...

Thanks in Advance.

• Yes, the higher the chimney is, the less is the ground pollution.
    And yes, deserts reduce the ground pollution from air pollution as it depends on the rainfall value, the more rainfall, the more ground pollution - obviously rainfall in deserts is rather low.

• Thank you, Helped to clear a lot of my guesswork up! :)