I don't understand laws

• Is there a place I can look up the definition of every law syntax and what it means?

I'm trying to write a law that does NOT allow elections within so many days of each other. But I can't figure it out. I write "When attempting to... Run for Office... if action is less than 4 days old... prevent". Meaning if someone ran for office less than four days ago, prevent it. But that does NOT work! It stops people who have been in the game less than four days from running for office! Of course, that still helps for our server (it's long term) but it's not what I want!

Essentially, there is one guy who is running for world leader EVERY SINGLE DAY in hopes that either I won't notice and he wins by default, or that people will change their minds (and sadly, they've only changed their votes FROM him TO me because of these antics). The server admin won't ban him just yet (he talked with him today, so now we wait to see if he calms down) but in the meantime, we want to stop this from continually happening by him or ANY other player.

• @LTygress said in I don't understand laws:

Is there a place I can look up the definition of every law syntax and what it means?

Not sure if there is anywhere? However, maybe this will be of help as for what your trying to do. (btw, this is in-game days, so adjust numbers accordingly)

alt text

alt text

alt text