Water behavior

• I'm new, let me relate my introduction to the game and how water behaves:

I started out on a public server, they said "oh, hey, do glassmaking, we're going to need glass in the north", so I checked, realized sand was indeed a good route and built near a mountain with four nice big nearby beaches.

Left a dike around the first one, checked the map after clearing it, it said cedar yield potential for the whole thing was through the roof, planted one cedar seed and maybe half a dozen more cedars appeared within minutes. Awesome. It looks great, very cozy and agricultural and tended, my own private cedar supply, with the sea nearby it's beautiful. The word "bucolic" floated to mind and that's the scene. Lovely.

Left a dike around the second one, checked the map after clearing it, it said clam yield potential for the whole thing was through the roof, breached the dike and . . . well, that was disappointing.

Water behavior doesn't have to look awesome or happen at anything like "realistic" speeds, I get that fluid flow models eat petascale supercomputers, but I think it's reasonable to expect that water will eventually find its level.

• This post is deleted!