Editing Simulation Settings on my server.

• Hi. I'm playing with a bunch of students and they're really enjoying it. A problem i'm having is with plant scarcity. Virtually no tomatoes, beets or camas. No one can progress with cooking, etc without some of these. Is there anyone to populate the planet with more plants or less dead plants?

• Are you the admin? If so then you can use the chat commands and give yourself what you need and put it in the chests for the students.

• /give tomatoes,(number you need) /give tomatoes,500

• Hi. Thanks for your reply. Yes i'm the admin. I'll try that.

• I just tried it and I got an error saying I don't have the permissions.

• I think some thing is wrong with the world that we're playing in. I just spotted a EcoSystem post in the chat and it revealed that there are none of 38 species of plants, etc. Most of them are essential to advancing any further. There has to be a server setting I can edit.

• Did you check your auth level? Typing /authlevel in chat will show you your authorization level on the server.

• Says User. Do you know how to edit the user settings?

• I do.

You need to go to Eco/Eco_data/Server/Configs and open the Users.eco config file with a text editor. There is an admin section where you can add your Steam64ID or slgID in values. The ID you would use depends on your account status:

If you only have an SLG only account -> use SLG ID
    If you only have a Steam only account -> use STEAMID64
    If you have a SLG + Steam linked account -> use SLG ID

Make sure to use the steam64ID if using the Steam account - many try just putting in the regular steam ID and that won't work.

EXAMPLE :

Okay.. this is the main section of that file and you will see where the admins are added and how...by the way you do not need to add both ID's just one or the other - this is just for demo purposes showing both:
    {
    "$id": "1",
    "RequireAuthentication": true,
    "AllowDebugCalls": false,
    "WhiteList": {
    "$id": "2",
    "System.String": {
    "$type": "System.Collections.Generic.List1[[System.String, mscorlib]], mscorlib",
    "$values": []
    }
    },
    "BlackList": {
    "$id": "3",
    "$type": "System.Collections.Generic.List1[[System.String, mscorlib]], mscorlib",
    "$values": []
    }
    },
    "Admins": {
    "$id": "4",
    "$type": "System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.String, mscorlib]], mscorlib",
    "$values": ["slg29344","76561198029173066",]
    }
    },
    "MaxSlots": -1,
    "SpawnLocation": {
    "x": 500,
    "y": 0,
    "z": 500
    }

• Cool. Thank you so much. I made myself admin and found the chat commands in the wiki. I used the /spawnplant command to populate the planet with some more species. I did, /spawnplant Corn, 50 and it put 50 plants in the sky!!!

Appreciate all your help.

• You're welcome. :)