Server crash auto close and restart

• Running Windows 10, haven't been able to successfully find an app to close the server and restart upon crashing. Can anyone recommend any advice please?

• Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+ESC or right click on task bar: Start button >> Task Manager)
    Processes tab (leftmost)
    Apps (x): scroll to EcoServer, right click >> End task

• I'm sorry I should have been more specific.
    Hosting a server, and from time to time the eco server app itself crashes . I'd like the PC to close eco and restart it automatically when that has happened.

• A simple but proper search string not even using Google.
    Haven't checked a single one of these apps by myself but at first glance you may find at least one helpful.

• have you tried Firedeamon ?

Well it can set a schedule to restart a server even by a crash. but i certainly don't know if it cancels the error message from eco

• @Thineboot these are only good for people not running windows 10. In windows 10 action center or registry the best you can do its "reduce" the amount of information provided in a crash. You will still get a stupid window with a close button before the process actually dies and a restart program or script will kick in.

My new approach is to use autohotkey and run a script that presses the spacebar every 5 seconds. Danno if its working yet since i haven't had a crash for a couple of days.

• @Karellen said:

My new approach is to use autohotkey and run a script that presses the spacebar every 5 seconds. Danno if its working yet since i haven't had a crash for a couple of days.

Well you may check out Process...

Please keep us informed about your progress.

• I have a solution which works

1. Running the program "ProcessAlive" - this one simply restarts the server but its preferred for this solution since it minimizes it to a tray icon

2. Install "Auto Hot Key"

3. Setup following script or just download it and run it

#Persistent
    SetTimer, PressTheKey, 6000
    Return

PressTheKey:
    Send, {Space}
    Send !{Escape}{Alt up}
    Return

This sequentially moves through all windows/programs and presses the space key every few seconds with the idea it presses the "Close" button on the crash window that appears. You may still need to disable Windows Error Reporting as "Send Error Report" may be the default button highlighted (I had that turned off already so cannot test easily).

This is done via regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting
    then go to Edit > New > DWORD and name the key disabled, then change it's value to 1

To validate its working you can still go to Control Panel - Security and Maintenance - View Reliability History and you will be able to see a timeline of crashes (which eco server will show up in).