Processing meat is pointless?

• Hi,

I am fairly new to this game, so I might miss something here. Let me give a summary of the issue.

I have an Bison Carcass. In a campfire It is worth 16 Cooked meat at 550 Calories 10 Protein 10 Fat + I get 7 Tallow
    If i take this carcass to my Butcher Table It is worth 20 Raw meat 250 Calories 7 Protein 3 Fat + I get 3 Hide.

Already you are loosing out on Meat taking it to a butcher... already makes no sense.

Then you process the meat further
    8 x Raw meat -> 1 x Prepared Meat 4 protein 6 fat you are loosing 1300 Calories 52 Protein 18 Fat

The more you process the carcass the more you loose. The reasons we have butchers is to make the most out of meat, a butcher will get a lot more meat out a carcass than an ordinary person can because they know the meat. etc.

Am I missing something? Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks.
    RJ

• Once you do the efficiencys for the butcher skill tree you get a lot out of it.
    With level 5 efficiency you get 100 raw meat from a bison.
    Then with meat prep it drops the cost of any meat that's made from raw meat.

• One point you're missing, is that you need butchery to access higher tier foods. Calories aint everything if you want a higher SP/day income.
    And that requires various other meats (Prepared meat, prime cut etc etc. ), rather than Charred Meat.

• Campfire Food is the worst you can make, that is the Point you are missing. :P

And skilled you get 100 raw Meat out of just 1 Bison.

Calories are nothing, the 4 Values of the Food are important to get high Skill-gain Bonus.

• Okay,

Thanks for the info, so what about knowing which food gives more SP ? because i can only see the contents aka protein vitamins fat calories with Calories .
    I tried to maintain a perfect diet where all 4 these are equal. but I cannot seem to see which food has this "better SP Value" I can assume that better food = better SP, but is there a way to see this? maybe I cannot due to low cooking skills or?

Thanks again.

• Higher Value Food gives higher Skill-gain.
    If you eat somthing with 4x4x4x4 your skillgain will be lower as when you eat something with 8x8x8x8

• @Caduryn said:

Higher Value Food gives higher Skill-gain.
    If you eat somthing with 4x4x4x4 your skillgain will be lower as when you eat something with 8x8x8x8

Okay, but the numbers you just mentioned means nothing to me.

What does this 8x8x8x8 even mean? where do you get these numbers from? Because when i look at food there is only Nutrition value, nothing about skill point. nothing to state higher quality.

*Edit.

I understand that using cooking is better than using campfire, and there is a natural progress. I get this.
    I want to understand if i put prime meat in my bags and if i put vetatable soup in my bags next to one another. which one is regarded as "higher level" Where and how do you get this level.

• The 8x8x8x8 refers to the nutritional values of the food. Check the pie chart in the bottom left corner you want them all to be even and also the highest numbers possible.
    The higher the numbers the more skill points you will gain per a day

• Thanks for the info, so what about knowing which food gives more SP ? because i can only see the contents aka protein vitamins fat calories with Calories

• @Deonna What.......? emmeck has just told this......