Dev Blog, Alpha 1



  • This thread will be for discussion and feedback on our upcoming dev blog. Post feedback and thoughts on our post-alpha plans here.



  • In your skills 2.0.
    Will players gain skill points they can spend on sub-skills in any of their learned skills or are skill points assigned to the skill the player is currently training?



  • They can spend on any skill. Specifically wanted that the case so you dont train something you dont actually want - you gain skill points online/offline, but only assign when you log back in.



  • To add to the bug list is that wooden fences once placed cannot be removed by any tool and even when removing the ground below them they still remain intact.



  • Maybe give the option of a longer or shorter time to save the planet?



  • I feel that the food freshness issue is also a very important one.
    By the time day 3 comes around any kind of meat is inedible, even cooked meat, no matter when it was gathered/cooked.
    When day 4 arrives only Camas Bulbs and Ecolent will still be edible.



  • @BenjaminDSmithy I accidentally removed a wooden fence in my server by placing stone in its place while building nearby. Might be a work-around until a solution can be written into code.



  • @Arcadius cheers I'll be sure to try that out net time I'm on our Eco Server.



  • New skill system looks good.
    Will there be a limit to stored skill points ? Will it be possible to keep all of them for late game ? I think there should be a limit like gaining less points when you have to much of them unspent. The skill point number displayed could be highlighted in red.
    What do you think ?



  • If you save up too many skill points, you won't be of any use to the community though.
    You'd be spending food on nothing until you finally invest.
    You'd be able to spend a lot of points on a skill/subskill that is really needed, but until then, you are somewhat useless.



  • @Ryve said:

    the food freshness issue is also a very important one.
    By the time day 3 comes around any kind of meat is inedible, even cooked meat, no matter when it was gathered/cooked.
    When day 4 arrives only Camas Bulbs and Ecolent will still be edible.

    We're going to have storage buildings where food wont rot so fast.

    @Darkwolf6180 said:

    Maybe give the option of a longer or shorter time to save the planet?

    Yep that should be in the next build.

    @Egrof said:

    New skill system looks good.
    Will there be a limit to stored skill points ? Will it be possible to keep all of them for late game ? I think there should be a limit like gaining less points when you have to much of them unspent. The skill point number displayed could be highlighted in red.
    What do you think ?

    Probably allow them to save up, youll really want to spend them to help the server though, not really any gain in saving them up.



  • @JohnK I wasn't talking about food losing freshness too fast.
    There was an issue that made almost all food have 0% freshness no matter when harvested.
    This issue has been reported fixed however.

    I'm very impressed at how fast these issues are being fixed.



  • yepp they work quick =)


Log in to reply