Eco: Global Survival Wiki Volunteer Team

• ecovolunteerteam.png

The Eco Wiki: http://eco.gamepedia.com/ECO_Wiki

This thread is a central hub for the official Eco Wiki. You will be able to find updates on recently changed Wiki pages and suggest changes (or report errors). Additionally, you will receive updates on the latest Eco development progress and changes as they are released.

To view the latest developments and plan, visit our Trello: https://trello.com/b/nIXUSRpw/eco-global-survival-wiki

Known Wiki Contributors:

Joining the Volunteer Wiki Team:

To join the volunteer team simply start editing the Eco Wiki. As you add more and more to the pages we will contact you to join the volunteer team as a way to recognize your efforts. The volunteer team does not have any special permissions / access, but is an organized team that is constantly modifying the wiki to reflect the most current version of the game. Once on the team you will be granted access to work on our Trello as well as access our staff Teamspeak.

• pinned the post to make it more visible =)

• Update: #1

• We've been fortunate enough to have gotten some support from @JohnK who featured us on the Eco Twitter and Facebook
    • If you are a new player (though aren't we all?), this might be a good place to look for some basic information: Wiki FAQ
    • Lot more going on as well, but this gives you a glimpse at the current projects we have listed on our Trello.
      update#1.png

• Glad to help.
    And if @JohnK might be wondering. That little red guy is me, who you might recognise from twitter :)

• I'll be in editing soon enough!
    Do you have some sort of format you wish to follow? For example the "axe" needs revising, I was planning on just brain-dumping everything I knew about the ECO axe. At what point is it considered "done"?

• There isn't any real format that "Must" be followed. The consistent format of which you are probably looking for has yet to be fully developed and has only just begun being integrated into the Wiki pages (i.e. eco.gamepedia.com/Builder's_Hut). These are still being finalized, however.

Brain-dumping is perfectly fine. It is how we are leaving many of the pages right now and then will be going back through and cleaning them up once most of the general information has been written. The only thing we ask is that you proofread your work before posting. There are typos all throughout the wiki, but we will be combing through them to make the pages more professional as time goes on.

'Done' is a word that we cannot really use at this time. Having only the information from release V 1.0.0 to go off, we anticipate many changes to occur over the next year and a half of development. I do understand however what you mean :P Most pages can be marked as complete once images, basic information, detailed information (when necessary), redirects and proofreading has occured.

• Sounds good, thanks. I'll do what I can to keep the information useful and valid.

• I've added an item infobox to the wiki here: eco.gamepedia.com/Template:Item

Is it just me, or is Gamepedia painfully slow to load? Is there any chance the Wiki could move over to Wikia.com in these early stages, or are we stuck with Gamepedia?

• Looks really interesting :o quite different from the format I've been using thus far. Also, gamepedia loads fine for me :s

• Great start all, this is really impressive. Awesome work!

• I just tested, and each page takes 50-60 seconds to load. (For comparison, Wikipedia's Main Page takes about 1 second to load).

I think it's an issue with loading the Hydra skin, but there are no other skins available.

Is anyone else having the issue of slow loading of the Wiki?

• @woodgreener said:

e else having the issue of slow loading of the Wiki?

wiki above ? nope .. seems fine here ?

• It's fine for me as well. Just a second or two a page.

• Thanks for the feedback! I think it's a router/ISP issue for me, as every gamepedia page takes 50+ seconds to load on any device/browser through my wifi. Using mobile internet, I connect straight away.
    I don't have admin access to the router, so I shall do my best to contribute despite this!

• Does this game need internet? Also if i buy the $40 version, can i use the single digital game to play on multiple computers?

• 1.Depending on what you mean .. you can buy the game and play it alone on with the server hosted on your computer (*for now only on windows computers) you can have the game on as many computers you want but ! each person needs to have there own unique account with the game in it (its like minecraft ... you cant share accounts and so on )

• I stumbled across this old thread and it inspired us to start a Trello for the new generation of wiki editors. See what we are working on here: https://trello.com/ecowikieditors

We've already done a great deal of work on templates and wiki content in anticipation of Beta. In no small part thanks to @Pradoxzon , we have a template that, when given a single item name parameter, will output a table of all recipes used to make that item and used by that item. We plan to extend the template automation system to the new infoboxes as well before beta.

Come talk to us in the Eco Discord Wiki Editors channel. We are in need of team members who are interested in helping more in-depth with aspects of the wiki such as art, CSS, writing, patrolling, and more. Come join us in Discord and see what you can do!

• I am an expert on all thing, Object, World Object, Tech, and Items. If you need me to get you any info/Pictures, feel free to DM me on Discord!