Help with skill book not starting

• i have the necessary materials for the Carpentry Skill Book. Although when i order it, it does not craft it. I reads other post about having to have a room but i am confused on what exactly a room needs to be to be considered a "room". ty in advance

[Update] I realized my room is large enough. It's like 10 long by 15 wide by 3 logs high. So the volume should be more than enough. But I read on the wiki that it can only share the same room with one other crafting station. So if I move my campfire I should be able to meet all the requirements to use my research table correct? I also have a doorway 2 logs wide. Does having a partial roof matter in this room requirement?

• You can look at the status tab on any crafting table no know if the room requirements are good.

As for requirements to be a room. You need a full ceiling, and 2 block holes for doors at max. Unless you use real door/windows objects.

• @Skinny said:
    I also have a doorway 2 logs wide. Does having a partial roof matter in this room requirement?

Without doors, that is not room, "hole" can be only 1 block wide.

• So I just put in a floor and started my roof (not finished) and now my workbench is not crafting anything. The status says "nothing to craft" but I have my stockpile linked to it with required materials. I restarted my game, disconnected a few times, moved my workbench in an open area and still same problem. The server I'm on is Ecoland 2. And I had some trouble before with crafting things from the workbench but Latemail restarted the server. Could it just be the server?

• Yes that's your server that is stuck. The only thing to do is to restart it unfortunately.

• Thanks Mog. Does this happen often on most servers?

• Yes it does sadly. It's bugs related to the inventories that stuck the server. It should be fixed in 0.6 (for now 0.6 is still staging, so plenty of other bugs there ^^)