Farming

• Does the crops you plant like Corn spread from the farm?

I ask cause say you pick ALL the corn from the world leaving you with 0 corn on the server so you plant the corn seeds that you have will it allow the corn to spread back into the world?

• so far they only grow on plot planted on

• @zuse said:

so far they only grow on plot planted on

That's too bad cause it means there's no way to really bring a crop back into the world permanently

• hopefully that will be brought in eventully , they could make once you plant a certain amount then they spread

• @zuse said:

hopefully that will be brought in eventully , they could make once you plant a certain amount then they spread

Yea I hope so it be nice If you harvested all the corn in your world and then planted some corn by seed and it spread and repopulated the world again over time.

• I'm not sure exactly how many wild plants are required for the spread to actually work but I usually aim to have at least 30-40 wild plants left in the world so that they can grow back over time as long as no one harvests them

• @emmeck said:

I'm not sure exactly how many wild plants are required for the spread to actually work but I usually aim to have at least 30-40 wild plants left in the world so that they can grow back over time as long as no one harvests them

That's true tho I play on my own "server" alone

• Ahh ok well at least you know that no one else will be harvesting them while your trying to repopulate the server

• The best thing you can do early on is to setup a farm so that your not removing plants from the servers wild population and so it's renewable

• SLG Admin

Plants in general are needed for the species to spread - it doesn't matter if they're planted or natural. If the land would naturally support corn and you plant a corn plant nearby, it should spread eventually although this may take a while.

• @craig.jong said:

Plants in general are needed for the species to spread - it doesn't matter if they're planted or natural. If the land would naturally support corn and you plant a corn plant nearby, it should spread eventually although this may take a while.

So you are saying If I picked every single corn on my server then started a large corn farm the corn I planted in the plotted soil should spread tot he normal ground

• SLG Admin

It should, though if your farm was large enough it might cause the surrounding land to become unsuitable for corn based on nutrients.

Areas where corn CAN grow when planted by the player do not always mean that corn will grow there naturally.

• @craig.jong said:

It should, though if your farm was large enough it might cause the surrounding land to become unsuitable for corn based on nutrients.

Areas where corn CAN grow when planted by the player do not always mean that corn will grow there naturally.

that's interesting I need to try picking all of a plant then planting it in a farm just to see if it comes back to nature :)