Tailings :O

• What the hell do I do with them too stop them polluting

• Will know it, too.

• Google what people do with tailing in real life, you'll be surprised ;)

• Actually many companies are now finding it easier to reuse the tailings. In response to concerns over tailings dam failures and water contamination, some mines are opting to produce thickened tailings, which are pressed or have chemicals added to remove excess water. Thickened tailings can be mixed with cement and used in construction or as backfill in underground mines.

The run off of tailings can be bad because of the chemicals used in the process are kept in the tailings. Once the tailings have been used to create cement the chemicals are then inert and become safe for use in construction. I would like to see this incorporated into the cement making process, could be a truly realistic and environmental friendly way to dispose of tailings. Granted tailings are not required to make cement, so I would suggest maybe having another recipe added to utilize them in a process to make cement and not change the current process. Yes I understand this will create two recipes for making the same thing, but the one with the tailings could use more stone and therefor make it less efficient but also make it more ecological friendly by utilizing the process to remove waste from the world, much like is being done in real life. You could also require coal or charcoal be used in the recipe as it appears this is a neutralizing agent used to help neutralize the chemicals found in tailings in real life as well.

• Best thing to do with Tailing: Dig deep underground, a 5X5X5 room, nothing but UNTOUCHED stones(no broken or turn to a road) for walls, ceilings and floor. Place down a stockpile and start loading it up with Tailings

• Cheers!

• @Master-Who said:

Best thing to do with Tailing: Dig deep underground, a 5X5X5 room, nothing but UNTOUCHED stones(no broken or turn to a road) for walls, ceilings and floor. Place down a stockpile and start loading it up with Tailings

Do you have to cap it too?

• Somewhere in this forum i had read that mortared stone as pavement should also help.

• We have used an unbroken stone room in game to hold the tailings and so far there has been no pollution spread

• And how do you make a completely closed room with unbroken stone?
    Without cheating?
    One side is open in any case. Ask for building instructions and screens.

• Well, if mortared stone actually works (which i have been digging bunkers with pre-patch 5.6) you can just fill in the gaps with mortared stone, since the inventories are linked you can send the tailings to the bunker in no-time so you can already enclose the bunker with mortared stone. Seemed to work pretty well; just dig very deep and dig out multiple bunkers. Start with one; then teleport all the stone for other purposes upstairs (to empty them for taillings)!

• Well if you dig a tunnel in the ground you will eventually end finding a solid stone area and you just carve out enough space to hold a stockpile

• So I made a stockpile enclosed in mortared Stone and then went around that with dirt and the pollution is spreading. Its crazy.

• @LockoutX said:

So I made a stockpile enclosed in mortared Stone and then went around that with dirt and the pollution is spreading. Its crazy.

Same here.