How to Turn Birch Tree seeds back on in 5.6

• You need to edit EcoSim.eco

Open the file and search for birchseeditem. Scroll down after you find it until you get just past 'branch09'

You are looking for (at about line number 474)

"OvercrowdedRange": 8.0,
          "OvercrowdedLimit": 0,
          "SeedDropChance": 0.1,
          "SeedRange": {
            "min": 0.0,
            "max": 0.0
          },

Edit that so that you increase the range to 1.0 like this:

"SeedDropChance": 0.1,
            "min": 1.0,
            "max": 1.0
          },

You should then save the file and restart your server for the change to take effect. You can repeat this for cedarseeditem if you like, but I found that my cedar seedRange was not set at 0.0 and therefore did not need editing

Or you can download the corrected Ecosim.eco file and just overwrite the one on your server. Then restart your server. Compliments of Blink: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tpvwnom6y6qd7zy/AAB7YpVWCXnMXy4GWNDslUPqa?dl=0

• We have tryed it out. It don´t work.

• That is strange because its worked on every other server that has tried it.

Are you sure you edited the right line, there are several places where 'seedRange' is used but you have to edit the right place not just the first place you see the "seedRange. Did you restart the server after editing? Do you have gathering skills? Even with the fix you still need the right skills to get seeds.

This is the fix that the devs have given and what they will do in the patch to fix it. If it does not work for you then you may have to wait for the patch to come out and see if their edit works better.

• worked for me. thanks!

• Not working for me. :(
    Cedar drops seeds (every branch ~4) very well.
    But Birch not 1 after cutting 50 bracnhes.

I edit it as follows with higher seeddropchance also :
    "SeedDropChance": 0.5,
    "min": 1.0,
    "max": 1.0
    },

• did you restart the server after making the change?

• Yes, I saved the File and restarted the server.

• Q: I guess a server restart is enough, No regenerating of the world is necessary, right?

• correct once you make the change and restart the server the new changes should take effect. This should not require a regeneration.

• are you cutting the branches or breaking the leaves? you receive seeds from breaking the leaves. This can be done without cutting down a tree or breaking any branches.

• That is correct. You can edit the EcoSim.eco file and the change will take effect when the server restarts, you do not have to regenerate the world like you would if editing something in worldgenerator.eco

• You can edit it directly on the "Simulation" tab on the server admin tool. So you don't need to restart the server and effect is immediately active ;)BirchSeedSetting.PNG

• @Gandur That is a good note, but if your going through a server host most of them do not provide you access to this server admin tool pnael

• Tried this on my server. No joy.

• @toxxikz said:

are you cutting the branches or breaking the leaves? you receive seeds from breaking the leaves. This can be done without cutting down a tree or breaking any branches.

I chut the leaves with the axe. In this way I collect the cedar seeds.

@Gandur said:

You can edit it directly on the "Simulation" tab on the server admin tool. So you don't need to restart the server and effect is immediately active ;)

Very nice advice, thanks! :)

I edited the EcoSim.eco file, as I show above in my post in this topic. I searched for the SeedRange entry and I saved the file. I checked it again a while later and the entry is there. My edit was on the very first entry of SeedRange direchtly below the birchseeditem entry..
    That's why I 'm wondering after I opened the Species editor and checked the entry there like the advice of Gandur. Because there was still 0-0. So I changed as you can see in the pic below , saved the File and restarted the server.

Still there are no seeds droping by cutting the leaves of birch trees Eaven the entry there after the reboot is still 1-1. Any ideas?

birchseed.png

EDIT2 sothat not an extra post just confirm that it works now :)
    I replaced Ecosim.eco with the orginal and edited the File again like in the description of rentechd. Works fine now, THX to all who helped me! Nice community!

• Make sure that you have edited the right seedRange. SeedRange shows up in several places in Ecosim.eco but you need to edit the one specifically for the seed drop for the birch trees.

This was the instructions that the devs gave us for fixing this issue and what will be the fix in the patch. We were only told about directly editing the EcoSum.eco configuration file as there were missed results when doing it through the console. When you edit the configuration file you will need to restart the server for it to take effect. The few cases where this has said to not work for people when Ecosim.eco was reviewed they had edited the wrong seedRange

If this does not work for you then you probably have to wait for the patch that will contain the fix for it (and other things) and see if it works then.

• Is this patch far away? Every single server I have been on has this issue, and since the game does not easily let me find the server admin it's pretty problematic as one has to do a bit work in game before noticing this bug.

So far only one server in on has applied this fix.

• This is fixed in the current staging of 5.6.1. 5.6.1 is stable and is due to be released on Monday so there is no reason you cannot upgrade to it now

• We have to reset the world with this patch?

• No

• Banned

This post is deleted!