things (e.g. woodcarts) just disappear!

• two wood carts disappeared just today! maybe its the same bug like the rendering report here:

http://ecoforum.strangeloopgames.com/topic/2316/cant-see-each-other/8
    https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/1429

so annoying... everytime (maybe) when we crossing the 0/0 border, the wood carts just disappear. You can go back to the location - nothing.

• Yes. This is a known bug. Right click the deed and then highlight the name to see the XYZ of the cart. If any of those numbers are in the negative then it when to the void. Sometimes if the server is rebooted it may come back.

• @Master-Who said:

Yes. This is a known bug. Right click the deed and then highlight the name to see the XYZ of the cart. If any of those numbers are in the negative then it when to the void. Sometimes if the server is rebooted it may come back.

Hello Master Who,

thanks for the fast reply.
    When the numbers are in the negative, the cart is in the void?

• @Master-Who said:

Yes. This is a known bug. Right click the deed and then highlight the name to see the XYZ of the cart. If any of those numbers are in the negative then it when to the void. Sometimes if the server is rebooted it may come back.

Server restart doesnt help...

• Yes. Restarting rarely help. Rebooting helps more. When I lost two carts, I did 4 restart, and then one reboot. That reboot bought them back. This is just my experience, not a real fix.

• @Master-Who said:

Yes. Restarting rarely help. Rebooting helps more. When I lost two carts, I did 4 restart, and then one reboot. That reboot bought them back. This is just my experience, not a real fix.

What do you mean with "reboot" ?

• Think we are getting confused over semantics.."reboot" usually refers to restarting the server - shutting it down and starting it back up while when people say 'restart' they mean to restart your game.

• Aye.. Sorry for confusing you. What I am saying is this. If you end the server program and start it back, that is resetting the server. Rebooting the server is rebooting the system OS.

• @Master-Who said:

Aye.. Sorry for confusing you. What I am saying is this. If you end the server program and start it back, that is resetting the server. Rebooting the server is rebooting the system OS.

Its a host server so there is only one opportunity: restart the server and generate a new world, which means that all the structures is gone.

• yeah.. sorry, I do not know about host servers. I think I heard there was a way, but never got the details cuz that's not my bag..

• Master Who I don't believe that the world needs to be regenerated and just restarting a server does not 'regenerate' the world unless you delete the Game.eco. I think you are getting things confused here.

When people say "you should restart your game" then me that you should log out of the server and out of the game completely and then start the game back up and log into the server.

When people say "You should reboot" they are talking about turning the server hardware off or stopping the server and turning it and back on and re-loading the game completely, no matter where the server is locate d-hosted or in your own home.

If people tale about resetting your world or re-generating it that means you need to stop your server/game , to delete the Game.eco in your Storage folder and start the game back up so that it creates a new world.

In the case of lost carts etc you don't need to tell people to regenerate a world and lose all their structures etc. Usually the can just look on the deed and see what coordinates the cart is at and go there. If there is a negative in the coord that tends to mean the cart is probably gone and won't come back but its still worth taking a look for it.

Sometimes logging our and back in the game - restarting your game - will cause a cart to come back. That does not often work.

Getting the server rebooted often returns the cart to the surface. You might still have to go look for it but it should bring it to where it does not have any negatives in the coords

The Server admin can always spawn in a new cart if you have lost one or you can just build a new one

• I am sorry. I am not trying to confuse anyone. I am only telling how I get my carts back when I lose them. As I said, I do not know anything about hosting games on paid servers. Every Human has their own slang I guess, and I didn't mean to confuse anyone. All I meant was that the server in my case is just a program. Restarting the program sometimes helps, but rarely do. Restarting the OS does seem to help for whatever reasons. This again is not guaranteed. Again I do NOT know anything about host servers, and I would never tell someone to wipe their world to get a cart back either.

Again, I am sorry.

• A few of us on our server is having this problem . Only way we see to get them back is restart our client ( The Game ) then wait for everything to render back in most of the time this fixes the problem. But not always. Other times one person can see it and others cant . At the moment i have 3 carts on the go so if one vanishes then i normally have a other backup.

• Ladies and gentlemen please calm down.

My question was more than answered. Everything's fine and clear. No need to argue :-)

@rentechd Pam, thank you for this detailed answer.

To make this clear:

• reboot: stop and start the server
    • restart: restart the server (which is nothing special as 'reboot')
    • reset: generate a new world

You guys of Eco, mods and devs should not worry about the explaination of some sentences rather find a solution for this 'not rendering correctly/disappering things'-bug.

greetings,
    d4nlo

• I am support not dev - so you are not taking me away from anything when I answer here.

Yes the cart disappearing is an issue and its definitely in the bug list and the devs are aware of it! Its frustrating but some things are in alphas. To many a cart disappearing now and then is not a big deal as they used carts back when they were more Frisbees they tools to move resources around and so occasionally having to hunt one down or replace it does not get the chatter misbehaving carts used to get - which may make you think people are not concerned about it. They are concerned but about 90% of the people posting here see the carts as 100% improved over what they were (aka they work now) so aren't coming on to complain. That is not to say they should not complain but they aren't but that does not mean the devs are not taking it seriously.

• It's very difficult, as a foreign speaker, to understand what you really want to tell me.

finally I hope they are aware of this bug and will find a solution shortly.

• @D4nlo We are very aware of this bug, and the devs are actively trying to find a solution to the problem :)

Going to lock this thread now to avoid this turning into an argument.