Server Hotfix - Strongly Advised

• Does not work.
    I'll launch it again because there were a bit more errors in the CMD screen. I'll post them soon.

• Loading worldobject...
    Loading worldobjexts finished in 71ms
    9 error(s) occurred when loading worldobjexts:
    Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    Invalid integer value in the input stream.

Errors loading world objects.
    Intializing WorldObjextManager finished in 94034 ms

And the rest of the launch proceeds as normal.

• ok thanks for testing =)

• You're welcome.

• When applying the patch, the server's serialization system detects a change and wipes the world:

[14:33 Eco.Plugin] Initializing Serialization...
    [14:40 Eco.Plugin] Serialization version hash: B2E33DBA
    [14:40 Eco.Plugin] Serialization change detected. Deleting storage...

Keeping the new version.eco file while reverting other files in the Storage folder causes some errors (see below), nullifying character progress and inventory. The world objects are gone too, with the error as reported above by Ryve.

[11:05 Eco.Plugin] 1 Error(s) occurred when loading laws:
    [11:09 Eco.Plugin] 2 Error(s) occurred when loading users:
    [11:05 Eco.Plugin] 1 Error(s) occurred when loading laws:

• So I've been waiting to see if anything more is being said on this. Have we given up hope, and there's no way to destroy the meteor in alpha as a result of this bug?

• If you had applied this patch when it came out and started a new world, you'd probably have destroyed the meteor 2 days ago.
    :p

• Wasn't sure if the fix actually worked. Haven't heard any reports other than that it resets the world.

• Well, in just 5 minutes we'll finish the laser.
    So I guess it works.
    Would be odd if it didn't.

Hey guys, there's a game breaking bug and here's a hotfix.
    7 days later. Sike! There was no gamebreaking bug.

• Yes @Ryve, it does work; the meteor exploding is pretty cool (JUST DO NOT MAKE 2 LASERS AND SHOOT THEM BOTH) :P

• @Ryve

Guess I was just holding out for a hotfix that would patch an existing world. The people who I play with have put a lot work into our world and were disappointed when we got to the missing parts of the tech tree needed for end-game. We've shut down our server to pause time and have been crusing the forums waiting for a hot fix that doesn't reset the server.

• @Pretzel said:

Guess I was just holding out for a hotfix that would patch an existing world. The people who I play with have put a lot work into our world and were disappointed when we got to the missing parts of the tech tree needed for end-game. We've shut down our server to pause time and have been crusing the forums waiting for a hot fix that doesn't reset the server.

well there is a new patch coming out very soon .. to be honest , for now since its in a VERY EARLY STAGE !!! expect server wipes with patch very often :S . from many early alphas is have seen this is not uncommon. like it was with starbound and other games

• @NoBlackThunder Sounds good :) I'm not angry or anything, I understand it's alpha. Just found it funny that I'm the only one concerned and posting about it X)

• Just revisited this. Sorry guys, due to our somewhat rigid third party save/load system we can't keep prior versions for this. I tried to hack it in, but no avail.

Enjoy the destruction of your worlds, these issues are fixed in the new release.

• @nfuller Alrighty, thanks for your response! Just good to get an answer on it, even if it's not the one I was hoping haha. If restarting is necessary we'll probably wait until the next alpha build is released.

Keep up the great work!

Cheers

• alpha 2 is around the corner .. since this is getting obsolete i will close this thread now and unpin it