Trash Can/Compost

• There needs to be something to do with dirt other then turn it in to a stack of 100 dirt ramps. Either a trash can you can put dead items in to or turn it in to compost. same with tail-lings there needs to be a way to depose or turn them in to something usefull.

• Already been proposed earlier and john wants to implement that later ;)

• There is a recycling mod that does composting at this time that might help you with dirt. Not sure if it takes care of dirt or just other things. I actually just build a new hill :)

• If you get both the recycling and Big chest mod, you can turn dirt into tin fragments, then turn that into tin ingots, then turn that into bronze ingots, to make Bigger Chest :)

As of now, the Landfill in Recycling Mod is just a large public eco-friendly dump. It only has Private so no one can pick your trash up.

• I dont think dirt should be trashable. it should take up space and you shouldent be able to just get rid of it. small stuff like seeds or something ya compost is a great idea but dirt and tailings i think you should have to deal with finding a spot for it. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• A trashcan for all kind of stuff would be nice anyway. But I think (hope) this will come in a later build.

• Remember - pollution and that includes dealing with trash is part of the game. A 'trash can' that would magically remove items no longer wanted/needed in game would take away from the player having to deal with pollution. Some people have suggested recycling and other options but at some point you are still going to have trash that will have to be stored somewhere - like a landfill and not just magically removed from the world with 'delete'

• @rentechd said:

Remember - pollution and that includes dealing with trash is part of the game. A 'trash can' that would magically remove items no longer wanted/needed in game would take away from the player having to deal with pollution. Some people have suggested recycling and other options but at some point you are still going to have trash that will have to be stored somewhere - like a landfill and not just magically removed from the world with 'delete'

That's not wat I meant. A fireplace to burn seeds, plants and wooden things witch can produce pollution would be fine (a compost is planned, as the ingame placeholder item shows).
    But as far I played the game until now, I can't find a way to drain my chests from endless stacks off seeds.
    And if there is no way to recycle the waste from smelting Ingots jet, so it would be nice to have a machine (wo produce pollution) to hanle this. For now I have a lot of stockpiles filled with waste, burried deep in the stone.
    But I'm sure the dev's haves their plans to handle with all that stuff like we do in real. :)

• My mods kinda do that. Allows seeds, dirt, woodpulp, and Tailings(and much other stuff) to be used in recipes to 'recycle' it. I will be updating it to 5.6.1 in a few days.