Alpha 5.5 Released!
Metachronism last edited by
- 5.4 saves will not automatically convert to 5.5, there is a migration tool you can run that is currently found in the discord announcements channel. This might not work 100%, and if it doesn't you should let us know.
- It is recommended to start fresh with a new world, as the balance of animal and plant populations has been rebalanced with this in mind.
- We have switched to a new proprietary game save format, there may be some new bugs with this, please keep a note of any oddities you see.
- All skills that unlock recipes have had their point cost reduced and all efficiency/speed skills have had their post cost changed to reflect their point on the skill tree. All efficiency and speed skills have also had their scaling drastically increased. This should allow faster earlier progress at the cost of more resources and help increase the disparity between skilled and unskilled labor.
- All crafting recipes now have increased cost and craft time to reflect the higher possible efficiency and speed skills.
- Carts physics has been improved and should be less frustrating.
- Increased the speed of moving large stacks of items between inventories
- Prevented animal carcasses from being destroyed if the player tries and fails to picks them up
- Fixed minimap filter panel scrolling
- Prevented reverting to FPS controls when clicking on the background of a UI window
- Fixed chat log time stamps giving the incorrect time
- Fixed deeds stacking up when removing carts
- Fixed Tailoring, and some other table placement
- Server should use considerably less memory once world generation has completed. About 500MB for a 1km² sized world.
- The laser and world-saving prevention measures are fixed.
- Many more minor/misc bug fixes/polish
Property claim visualization
Added /unclaim command for admins
Added hotkeys to some action bar buttons
Farming and Agriculture simulation now includes nutrients and fertilizers.
Oil is now a finite resource.
Tailoring has added some new craftable clothing options that give minor bonuses. Note: tailoring as a whole is still early in development with more to come in the future.
Drag and resize cursors, and more flexible window resizing
Links in text that can have tooltips and perform various actions when clicked
Automatic addition of said links to player chat messages
Tooltips for many items have been improved significantly
Vocal sound effects
New sound and effects for tree logging. Felling trees is destructive to the immediate area of the tree, and will destroy any plants when the tree hits the ground.
You can now create currencies at a Mint, using Gold Ingots. Currencies can be utilized at stores or for taxation purposes.
Projects and work orders
You can now start a recipe without the required ingredients so long as you meet the skill requirements. Whenever new materials are added to the craft table storage, they will automatically be applied to a project. The time required to craft will raise until it reaches the same percent as materials, allowing multiple people to collaborate on a single project asynchronously.
Players can now create contracts in a store, offering to buy labor. There are currently two types of contracts:
- Crafting/delivery contract. With this contract, you specify the materials you want and where you want them, by placing a new ‘Depot’ object. When the Depot detects the required materials are added, it will move them to your private storage and complete the contract.
- Construction contract. This type of contract allows you to specify you want a given kind of table placed at a specific location. When the table is placed at the exact location (and working, thus requiring the surrounding building to be constructed) the contract completes.
Payment is held in escrow until the contract finishes (either successfully or failed after a number of hours). A deposit is held that is lost if the contract cannot be completed. For construction contracts, the contractor will get temporary building rights to finish the job. Contracts can only use currency.
Once a table is using currency, a fee can be assigned to its use. Fees can be defined both per-minute and per-item.
The Economy Viewer is a new button on the bottom right of the UI which shows you all the things for sale, things wanted for purchase, and contracts, as well as craft tables and what’s being crafted at them.
The Treasury object now allows the elected leader of the server to set the tax rate on four kinds of taxes:
- Sales Tax. This tax is applied on sales in a store (buying or selling).
- Labor Tax. This tax is applied on contract payments.
- Crafting Tax. This tax is applied on fees specified on a table.
- Direct Payment Tax. This tax is applied when using the /pay command to pay other users.
Taxes are collected in any currency used in the server, thus the treasury may contain multiple currencies if there are multiple currencies in the world.
The server leader can also allocate funds, choosing which players get how much money, and why. This can be used especially for public works projects, funding the construction of roads etc. A global message will be sent when funds are allocated.
Aspro last edited by
The email I received with the Alpha 5.5 release says that even if the game is still in alpha, beta accounts will be activated with v5.5
However I cannot download the game from the account menu?
goku454545 last edited by goku454545
I've also received an email saying beta backers from kickstarter will have access to the game. Logged in to check and was not able to download it.
Edit: I now have access
cptportes last edited by
does anyone have a link for the alpha 5.5 download, dont need the staging links...just the final 5.5 release....all i have on strangeloop is 5.5.1
phlo last edited by
This post is deleted!
nana123 Banned last edited by
I would like suggestions for this, I would like to know more.