Alpha 5.5 Stable version Bugs

• well considering oil is finite how long will it last???

• Not sure what actually happened but we had some random tailings appear and pollute some areas out of nowhere.

I've noticed the timer going crazy for charcoal fuel, but not for log fuel, especially in the bloomery.

Several trees I've felled have fallen onto a small outcropping/ledge and become stuck. Even after splitting the tree into small logs, the pieces didn't fall to the ground.

Also the sliding on tables & invisible people.

• Flour's description is bugged.
    temp.png

• Camas Bulb Bake's description has a typo; "An" should be "A".
    temp.png

• Temporary workaround to the Pumpjack issue reported above. Details in the zipped readme.txt.
    5.5_pumpjack_resource_fix.zip

• @Karellen said:

Is there a change log for 5.5 - doesn't seem to work using mono on linux anymore and thought that might give some reasons why

@MGrand3 said:

@Karellen I haven't seen a proper changelog yet, but if you read through the Discord there was someone with the same issue earlier. Not sure what became of that but might be worth a shot.

I found the conversation you were referring to and I've been having the same issue. (The client seems to be fine, but the server won't launch.) It appears to be related to bundling some of the libraries in the executable. Hopefully the switch to the .net core will resolve the problems we've been having with mono. Linux may be sitting the bench for a while, which is disappointing but understandable. These things can happen when making big changes that take time to implement. Although the devs seem to be aware of the problem, I'll post the error I'm getting here for confirmation and visibility (same results observed with 0.5.5.1):

Unhandled Exception:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Eco.Shared, Version=0.5.5.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'Eco.Shared, Version=0.5.5.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    [ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Eco.Shared, Version=0.5.5.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'Eco.Shared, Version=0.5.5.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

• Has anyone got Contracts working We are testing and it does not seem to work

• Anyone seen this:

1. Kill Fox.
    2. Attempt to pick up Fox
    3. Get message Fox was already harvested.
    4. Fox disappears

?

I was alone on the server and I know no one snagged it after I killed it as I was very close to the fox and would have noticed if anyone else was between me and him.

I have now had this happen every time I kill a fox. Just do steps 1-2 and get 3 and 4 :)

• the fox thing i seen it once on an elk but i just thought i was too late getting to it
    didnt think too much of it

• The bug with foxes is a known issue and should be fixed either in the new 5.5.2-staging or in the stable 5.5.2 build when that arrives.

• Thank you MGrand3

• Bugs found on the Steplife Server. (Stable Version 5.5.1) These are in addition to any bugs found above.

-Cancelling order on a bloomery gives back to much ore. I.E. Order 100 Iron Ingots, put in 30 ore, get out 8 ingots, cancel order, get 27 ore returned.

-Cancelling order on carpentry table gives back no goods, even if goods were unused. I.E. Order 100 Wood Widows, put in 14 boards, cancel immediately, get no windows or boards out.

-Clicking "Attache Current Plot" on a deed crashes the client.

-Wainwright table can be demolished with others goods in private. This happens within the 24hr period that it is supposed to wait. This looses the goods others placed in the table.

-Can not open door with empty shovel or big shovel like you can with other tools. Can open though with item in shovel.

-Tree Growth Estimated time is inaccurate. Seems like it gets close to zero but slows as it gets closer. (Starts at 27hrs then 24hrs later says 17hrs, then 12hrs later says 8hrs)

-For Farming Trees: Tilled soil has to be replaced before planting another tree as well as replacing before harvesting tree destroys downed tree.

• @fireboss4 said:

-Cancelling order on carpentry table gives back no goods, even if goods were unused. I.E. Order 100 Wood Widows, put in 14 boards, cancel immediately, get no windows or boards out.

I believe this goes for several crafting tables, also an issue where the items disappear upon cancelling. Should be fixed in the 5.5.2-staging build later today or in the full 5.5.2 release at some point.

-Wainwright table can be demolished with others goods in private. This happens within the 24hr period that it is supposed to wait. This looses the goods others placed in the table.

Can confirm that this has happened with several types of crafting tables.

• Another Bug:

-If I use the "Claim Deed" button I get access to change the names of the tables on the deed and it says owned by me on the deed. However, above the calorie bar it shows land owned by other person and it says I have to own the deed to unclaim the land. It seems as if there are two owners to the deed now.

• Thanks guys .. i worked trough the list now and i think i gathered all of them =) just posting my self here so i know where i have to start from in the future again.. though i think we start a new thread with 5.5.2 when that has been released to stable and see what got not fixed as an example and whats new =)

• Store bug.png

I have a room containing 2 mills, 1 bakery oven, and a store. Because this is 3 crafting tables, the store will not and should not work. However, the status message received says that 6 crafting tables are present. I picked up the bakery oven, and the store went back to functioning as normal. When I place the bakery oven down, the store still works. But as soon as I add fuel to the oven, I get the error status once more. Is it intended for a crafting table to not count as one until fueled? If so, this would appear to be merely a tooltip display error.

• @Mandroo I've had this happen with several different crafting tables. I think there's some sort of issue with counting crafting tables in general, but also the status tab. Might be modules causing the issue?

• New bug (i guess)... in 5.5.1
    When passing the 0 mark on the map with a powered cart the server crashes with this error:
    Crash 03304625.ecodmp

It happens every time i try it, unless i chop up the PoweredCart.cs and remove anything that has to do with fuel and air pollution from it.

P.S: Get a exorcism skill tree in the game, so we can make these carts behave. Send help!

• Animals don't reproduce, on our server the elk got down to 51 and we passed a law, in 3 days the elk population dropped by 2 to 49 elk and have not went up at all. Please fix the sterile animals.

Also there is not an option under proposing laws to protect Bison.

• Banned

This post is deleted!