Offline?

• Läuft das finale spiel ohne internet? Sprich, kann ich das Spiel offline ohne internet zocken?

• @agentwolf said:

Läuft das finale spiel ohne internet? Sprich, kann ich das Spiel offline ohne internet zocken?

you can host your own server nd connect via lan

• But now i must login my account. Is this only for the alpha version?

• SLG Admin

For now you must login. We need to look at if we can make something where you dont need to login in the future maybe. But for now i would say no. So in case we don't build that in you don't get disappointed. Eco is meant to be played with a group of people.

• I hope i can play offline in future. Play with a group is a good idea but singleplay (offline) would be tealy nice. Please make a offline mode. :(

• @NoBlackThunder I think this is a great way to make sure that people playing the alpha actually paid for it, and that you are working with those who are sponsoring the game development. Helps to keep the pirates a bay, mostly.

• @Talus
    Quite the opposite actually, I ran into this issue yesterday, my internet went offline and I got kicked from my own LAN server.
    If I hadn't bought it and pirated the game instead, yesterday I would have been able to continue playing, but because I paid, I couldn't.

There really should be an offline mode else you end up punishing legitimate owners while pirates get a better deal.

• I can just say the same as York. I'm still not sure if I want to buy this game because I'm not always at home while playing. I mean you can still use online authentification if players want to play on public servers but on the self hosted server?

Minecraft did it right with their offline mode.

To be honest, if someone wants to pirate the game, they do it, no matter how much you protect the game. Pirates have more features than a supporter of the game.

• It's a shame to see this still isn't possible.

Was really hoping to play for a few hours but can't because I currently have no internet access so can't log in.