Server Hotfix 5.4 Missing chunk issue

• Eric made a hotfix that should work ( just remember to take a full backup ! )

Server Hotfix 5.4 missing chunk.zip

• Installed to Talus Dedicated and it Booted up and appears to be running. I cannot confirm the chunk status just yet but I should be able to soon. Thank you for the Hotfix!!!

• The void is gone. The world shall live another day. Thanks

• great work Eric, now I can focus on other stuff :)

• How do you apply these fixes?? Where do you put them ? This just happened to us and not sure how to apply the fix

• @Grav said:

How do you apply these fixes?? Where do you put them ? This just happened to us and not sure how to apply the fix

From the look of it seems to just go in the root of your server folder replacing the dll and then the mods folder overwriting the auto gen script for steel.

• I made it sort of easy to apply since i build the folder structure .. so just dragging dropping it to the root folder and overwriting the 2 files should apply the hotfix

• OK thank you

• I applied this hot fix and now the server is crashing

"System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

that is the exception I'm getting in my crash log

• have you copied bot the dll and the other file ? if you forget the dll file then the server will crash

• I've applied this hotfix and am also getting the same "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." error. Causeing anyone attempting to connect to the server to to fail connecting and then the server crashes.
    I replaced both the steel.cs file and the .dll file. it should work but is not.

• what version are you on?

• I'm using 5.4. It should be mentioned that I'm using pingperfect to host my server, which does not allow me to alter .dll files for security reasons. They do have the hotfix available to install as an update, and I had one of their support people manually install the hotfix after their patch didn't seem to work. Neither of these attempts worked and I ended up resetting the server. Before I reset the server I tried to reinstall vanilla 5.4, without the hotfix, and loaded up a backup file from before the problem, but it didn't work then either.
    I updated the server with the hotfix and all other fixes since 5.4 came out and started up the new server. it seems to work fine now. Not sure why it was crashing prior to the reset.

• Ive hade the steel chunk problem also on my server, so ive tried the hotfix and for me it didnt work.
    But after some unusual ways i managed to make it work. Problem was when i applied it to my server,i saw no conversion of the map to fix the corrupted chunk, But when i applied the fix to a a fresh empty server with a copy of the corrupted map.
    The corrupted map it started to convert the map on first time boot up.
    So i converted map on a test server, copied it back to main server, And on main server it converted it again, And the problem was solved.

Thanks for the fix,