[BGN] Eco Alpha Large AUS Server(s) | 50 Players | Dedicated [24/7] | UPDATED Alpha 4!

• [BGN] ECO - eco.binarygaming.net.png

Hi! We are a group of Aussie gamers that were woefully lacking an awesome Eco server, so we made our own! Hosted in Melbourne, Australia (on our dedicated server machine at a server-hosting place), our server is now monitored 24/7 by our friendly mod @Zenita and our admin team. =)

We encourage people who are playing on our server to join our Discord server and Facebook page (links below) – however if you’re the quiet type, no need! We would love to have more Aussie gamers joining us on our server.

Links:

Eco Game Server:

Server Specs:

• Intel Xeon 5690 @ 3.5GHz (24 core with Hyper Threading)
    • 96GB Dedicated RAM DDR3
    • 2TB SSD
    • Network & Internet: 2Gb/s Upload and Download

• Sounds nice. And nice rig.

• Bumping as information has been updated :)

• You had me until Discord required. I have no mic.

• @Slexlaw I may need to change the wording of that as we only require people to join our Discord due to game server announcements, etc being made in the Text Channels BUT listening/talking in the Voice Channels is optional.

• Hello all,

I'm very much new to this game but I am a science teacher at Churchlands Senior and I would definitely like my students to be able to start using ECO.

I had an idea where a pre-polluted ecosystem were to be set up and the students go in to try and reverse the damage.

What do you all think?

Mr Coumbe

• @MrCoumbe At the moment the game as been released in alpha testing, full of bugs and balancing issues. So far you can't control the server very much, unable to set up scenarios.

It's a fantastic game and will be a great learning/teaching tool when it's fully released! But you would have to talk to the developers and see how long they think it will be before it would be usable in a classroom environment.

Edit I think I saw an expected timeline somewhere, with beta testing starting next year and full release over a year away? It's got a bit of work to be done :)

• @MrCoumbe we would be happy to help in any way we can for the sake of SCIENCE! and my suggestion would be for us to setup a secondary Eco Server focused primarily towards education environments/classrooms :)

Also you're in luck as we just happen to be a bunk of software and game developers who have the Developer Tier for Eco and we may consider helping you build a suite of tools for a educational classroom environment depending on both Strange Loop Games roadmap + our own spare time that we are willing to commit to helping the education sector out.

• I would just like to announce that we have combine our efforts with @pyhfol at CEGL to provide a better nation-wide game servers experience in Australia.

We welcome our new members and will announce more details regarding the website we have in development once it has been launched.

• Hey all,
    We welcome @Zenita to our Eco server moderation team :D

• I don't really know the controls please help!!!

• @liftzero_
    Oh I saw you on the server, that's a good start!
    Tab to swap between mouse and move mode :)

• @Zenita But how do I type?

• @liftzero_ Enter to bring up chat bar, type then enter to send the msg

• @Zenita Thank you so much!

• is the server up atm?

• @shauny1ynuahs We were encountering some problems with our various servers from DNS issues and lag spikes if I recall and also something to note is that we have a weekly restart at 3pm UTC+10:00 on a Wednesday .

• KABOOM!

1.png

So the meteor hit our server guys, come check out the devastation!
    2.png
    3.jpg
    4.jpg

Server will continue to run the ruined world so people have a chance to check it out. Server will be restarting early next week on the next build.

• Poor world... GG

• Let us remember the good times when our 1st Eco world was alive and blooming by gathering around the campfire to look at the history our ancestors created:

A General Store emerges:
    Eco_General_Store_Progress_01.png
    Eco_General_Store_Progress_02.jpg
    Eco_General_Store_Progress_03.png

The General Store is open for business!
    General Store Open for Business!.jpg

A Community Farm is organized
    Eco_Community_Farm_Progress_01.png
    Eco_Community_Farm_Progress_02.jpg
    Eco_Community_Farm_Progress_03.jpg

A viewing platform is made:
    Eco_Viewing_Platform.png

A Windmill / Church is constructed:
    Eco_Windmill_Progress_01.png
    Eco_Windmill_Progress_02.jpg
    Eco_Windmill_Progress_03.jpg
    Eco_Windmill_Progress_04.jpg
    Eco_Windmill_Progress_05.jpg
    Eco_Windmill_Progress_06.jpg
    Eco_Windmill_Progress_07.png
    Eco_Windmill_Progress_08.jpg
    Eco_Windmill_Progress_09.jpg
    Eco_Windmill_Progress_10.jpg
    Eco_Windmill_Progress_11.png
    Eco_Windmill_Progress_12.png

Industrial Age

Gold is discovered!:
    GOLD!.jpg
    Sooo much GOLD!.jpg
    Even more GOLD!.jpg

A large mine is created:
    Eco_Community_Mine_Entrance_01.jpg
    Eco_Community_Mine_Entrance_02.jpg
    Eco_Community_Mine_Entrance_03.jpg
    Eco_Minecart_Tunnel_System_Progress_01.png
    Eco_Minecart_Tunnel_System_Progress_02.png

Our abuse of the planet starts to show:
    Eco_Tailings_Not_Being_Stored_Safely.jpg
    2015-12-01_12-38-46.jpg
    Eco_Result_of_Tailings.png
    Eco_Exploring_Our_World_01.png
    Eco_Exploring_Our_World_02.png
    Eco_Exploring_Our_World_03.jpg
    Eco_Exploring_Our_World_04.png
    Eco_Exploring_Our_World_05.png
    Eco_Exploring_Our_World_06.png

Steps are taken to rectify the problem:
    2015-12-01_13-03-39.jpg
    2015-12-02_08-17-34.jpg
    2015-12-02_08-11-41.jpg

We begin to learn to live with nature again although all animals are now dead ;(
    NaturesAdvocate's NEW House!.png
    Eco_Stairs_Near_Back_Door_of_General_Store_01.jpg
    Eco_Stairs_Near_Back_Door_of_General_Store_02.png
    Eco_Stairs_Near_Back_Door_of_General_Store_03.jpg
    Eco_Stairs_Near_Back_Door_of_General_Store_04.jpg
    Eco_Stairs_Near_Back_Door_of_General_Store_05.jpg
    Eco_Stairs_Near_Back_Door_of_General_Store_06.jpg

Technological Age

The remaining days were spent trying to pool resources as a last effort to stop the pending doom from an incoming asteroid (we failed).
    Eco_Post-Asteroid_01.png
    Eco_Post-Asteroid_02.png