Efficiency upgrades

• When I try for example to get meat from 10 elks, without efficiency upgrades I would get 100 meat. Now with lv 3 efficiency, I can get 14 elks worth of meat just with 10 elks, but the problem is that the "efficiency" also cuts the meat it produces! Each elk gives me 7 meat! So in the end with 10 elks I get 98 meat, less than somebody without any points invested in efficiency!
    Same goes for when I try to make wild mix ( and much much more including bison meat which is also really important ) I got 61% efficiency but when I try to make 100 of them from 200 camas cost it only goes down to 155, and the fiddleheads are even weirder I have to pay 193 instead of 200 with 61% efficiency!
    The Sausages for example work as intended, when I try to make 100 of them I only use 42 sausages as I have 58% efficiency on them.

• @NoBlackThunder Just to add to this I've been trying to upgrade my butcher efficiency and came up with this. (It also produces skins but ignoring that)

with no training in large butchery efficiency you can butcher 1 elk for 10 meat (100 job runs would consume 100 elk for 1000 meat)
    with 3 training in large butchery efficiency you can butcher 1 elk for 7 meat (143 job runs would consume 100 elk for 996 meat)
    with 4 training in large butchery efficiency you can butcher 1 elk for 7 meat (160 job runs would consume 100 elk for 1000 meat)

So I'm not a hundred percent sure what's going on here. When I start adding more elk to the order the amount of meat I would get comes out odd like 1 elk for 7 meat, 2 for 13 (while at lvl 4). If i put it in as two orders of 1 elk I'd have 14 instead of 13.

• I notice the same thing on Pitch. It lowers the cost of pulp/sand/wheat AND Lowers the amount you make of the pitch.

2 Pitch for 1 sand
    20 Pitch for 10 Sand.(Order 10) Increased the efficiency to level 1 and now I get

20 Pitch for 10 Sand(order 11)

• Turns out I was wrong about the wild mix since it has a different mexhanic on how it increases efficiency, which by the way is also not the best idea when we are talking about game design, things should be consistent, so that players always know what to expect from similar actions. Efficiency for met (is supposed to) give you some "extra elks" instead of giving you extra meat, while efficiencies that work like the wild mix reduce the base cost, of the ingredients. When I have 10 elks, no matter the efficiency level I would like to be able to press 10 and chop 10 elks not having to press 19 to get 19/10 for example, that just looks weird.