Hunting hares

• I had not tried changing the view distance (didn't realize it was an option). That seems promising. Thanks for the tip!

• I agree they are a pain. Giving there is a ton of elk, I would just hunt for them. They are glitched and stupid easy to hit. It takes 2 shots to kill them, and I think a lvl 2 or 3 campfire can cook them.

There is a trick you can use. If you have a building that is a single story. Put walls all around your roof. Over a short time, you will find elks and what not going on your roof and getting stuck. Leave them, and then after a day or so there will be a crap ton up there. Easy killing (I know it's a glitch, but still)

• For some reason hares seem to like to live on my roof. I go up there and sometimes they stand still...sometimes I can actually stand on top of them and they wont move, but in the open, yeah...they are near impossible to hit. 30 arrows usually to kill 1

• Another thing to try is to explore along difficult terrain. I've found a few 'sweet spots' near waterfalls and cliffs where the animals pathing gets confused by the terrain and they hold still enough to shoot very easy.

• I too am having issues with hunting hares in particular. I get that it should be hard, but too hard makes it so I don't want to play at all and I bet I'm not alone. Nothing should actually put you off playing the game. I am not the best at targeting I know but I can down turkeys, foxes, elks and bison eventually but hares are virtually impossible. I have my view distance on max and have spent hours slowly approaching them but they always run before I am in range to shoot. Please look at balancing this.

• if you can see them sitting , you can hit them , you just have to learn how to aim ,, and it can take a few shots to zero in but if you are far enough away they wont even run while you shoot near them. ,, just , if you see one , dont move and shoot from where your at.

Good Luck ,,, its hard but not That hard ,, i can hit em 2 or 3 shots and i get em or i just run after em and shoot em on the run ,, its harder but more fun and you get closer lol.

• I have also had the same exact problem. On my personal server the rabbits run away at a distance they shouldn't, I know that because on my friends server the rabbits act normal. I have no idea why they do this. They are always running only stopping for 3 seconds then running again!

• I think an easy fix for it is by having them and other animals that do that to stop, play a long animation like the elk, and then move.

That or make how they move more real.

I found rabbits, fox, and wolf tend to be about impossible to hit due to them zip across. Several times, I shoot at them while they are there, but they teleport away right before it hits.

• Yes I have had a weird occurance like that too, where I found an invincible hare that when I hit it with an arrow I saw it bounce off and go 5 blocks away not killing the rabbit.

• they should implement something like rabbit traps..
    rabbits are like in population size of 300-400s im most maps i see
    i dont think 20-30 rabbit traps would kill the rabbit population considering they should be breeding like rabbits