How do I delete stuff

• I have a bunch of deeds for a bunch of wagons that disappeared (I just reported it). Is there a way to delete them/trash them?

• its kinda a bug .. there is a server mod you can use somewhere her on the forums

• There is another way, however I don't know what impact that has on any data, so use with caution:

1. Pick any chest and make sure it is empty.
    2. Open the inventory of said chest and move it a little bit to the side.
    3. Use the hammer-tool to pick up the chest, but don't close the window.
    4. Put the deeds you dont want anymore into the inventory.
    5. Close the inventory window.

You just send all the deeds into a void.
    However, as I said I have no idea what impact that has on the server, so use with caution.

• Another way is to have someone put the junk into the private storage of a crafting station. Then you try to pick it up with the hammer. After 24 hours, you'll be able to pick up the crafting station and delete the items.

• @Phaete worked

• @Foolish_Crok I'm not a server admin, and I don't know who my server admin is.

There should be a way people should have the ability to trash things without a mod

• @Crua9 To be honest, they have a lot of other crucial things to worry about.

• @Crua9 hey Crua9. I'm technically the admin at this time for Talus Dedicated. Running the server in a dedicated VM. If you have issues with the server, such as you can't get in, pm me on here and I'll do what I can as soon as possible to look into it. :)

For now the devs are working on many different major issues but I am sure they will have the ability to trash items eventually. Probably via burning, landfilling, recycling, etc... looking at the nature of the game overall.

• Thanks Phaete
    I made a video based on this that might help others.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wank6ZC2M0M

• @Crua9 nice workaround. Thanks Crua9!

• For the most part there is not supposed to be a way to delete items, a large part of the game is inventory management and careful waste disposal, however it is true that the deeds are bugged out, there is an inventory wiping command but be careful using it as there is no getting tools back. otherwise you can potentially get rid of them via placing 2 tailings over the 2 blocks the chest takes up and letting them evaporate, this will erase said chest half the time. like the other method for deleting via a chest or bench however it does slowly cause a memory leak.

• ECO is not like other games in that you should be able to casually delete stuff.

However, the devs have stated that there will be a "litter" system, where you can get rid of more things, possibly by burning them (generating pollution) or turning them into trash (taking up space)

• maybe later in the game they could allow for a recycling plant, but that would be very, very far down the list

as for deeds they really should just tie a deed scroll to the character so that it does not take up a space, just make it its own window so its easy to manage transfers too

for now though, id recommend the command or lots of chests

• @Nes said:

ECO is not like other games in that you should be able to casually delete stuff.

However, the devs have stated that there will be a "litter" system, where you can get rid of more things, possibly by burning them (generating pollution) or turning them into trash (taking up space)

I don't have a problem with that, but you shouldn't get a new deed every time you put down the same wagon. Also, they need to fix the problem with wagons flying halfway across the map if you leave them outside for a long time with no one around. (I even kept mine inside a cave, and I found it in some ocean)
    But once they fix those things. I think taking out the storage bug and forcing people to use the litter system is a great thing.

• @Crua9 said:

@Nes said:

ECO is not like other games in that you should be able to casually delete stuff.

I don't have a problem with that, but you shouldn't get a new deed every time you put down the same wagon. Also, they need to fix the problem with wagons flying halfway across the map if you leave them outside for a long time with no one around. (I even kept mine inside a cave, and I found it in some ocean)
    But once they fix those things. I think taking out the storage bug and forcing people to use the litter system is a great thing.

Sorry, I didn't mean for my statement to be finger-wagging, it was just a preface to the plans for the litter system. I agree, the duplicate deeds are annoying. Carts are extremely annoying. Fortunately we have the "10 in the shovel" bug to make things easier. Carts have been an issue since Alpha 4. They might be even worse in Alpha 5, unfortunately :(

Someone with Slack access should bug the devs to make the duplicate deed bug a priority.