Alpha 5.4 Linux - Broken/Missing Directory Trees

• I just downloaded the latest server and client archives and in both of them the files/folders have been completely discombobulated.

• SLG Admin

Howdy! that is a know issue with hosting servers on linux. We officially don't really support linux and mac servers right now.

but dont worry there are 2 thinks you can try.

1. update mono to the latest beta ( you need that because we are using .net 4.6.2 now also on the server)
    2. try this her if that works https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVks4xzECOUjNMQNHW6UYr9GCogLw

• We officially don't really support linux and mac servers right now.

No worries about the support - I'm here to help, not complain. My task is just to report the issues I find. If they stay broken for a while that's all part of alpha testing. :)

1. update mono to the latest beta ( you need that because we are using .net 4.6.2 now also on the server)

I had already updated mono (currently 4.8.0.478/084f912). This was not an issue with the other builds, it's a problem with the hosted .zip archives being unstructured - the files and folders are all there, except they're in one huge pile instead of an ordered hierarchy.

1. try this her if that works https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjVks4xzECOUjNMQNHW6UYr9GCogLw

This one runs (-nogui) but it doesn't fix the 5.4 client directory tree which has also gone humpty dumpty. (Has someone been playing with their Klingon disruptor again?) I can see this server active in my LAN list if I launch the 5.3 client, but naturally that on is incompatible so I can't connect.

I don't think it's a big problem, it just looks like someone knocked over a stack of punch cards (i.e., it's an organizational error rather than a flaw in the code). I don't know why nobody else ran into this issue. I tried re-downloading the archives from the main website but it seems they're damaged at the source. I could probably use previous versions as a template and perform some sorting hat magic on them, but it's 0230 so I was hoping elves would do it while I was sleeping. ;P

EDIT: I'm up early so I rebuilt the tree and renamed the files, the client is working and connected to the 5.4 server now. I don't know why they fell apart but I'll rebuild the server directory and if the 4.6.2 framework is also in order I'll get back to testing on that one.

• New Customer here. I'm seeing this too with the CLIENT. All the directories have become filenames. When extracted, everything is in one big directory. Trying now to rebuild by hand.

• SLG Admin

We've recently started using an automated build process, and it looks like the packaging step is creating some bizarro zip file format that OSX/Linux doesn't like. If you have access to a windows machine, merely extracting the Linux/OSX zip and re-zipping using WinRAR or some such seems to fix it in the mean time.

• Did the hard way. Rebuilt all the directories by hand. Seems to have worked. Game actually starts now.

• If you want, I could rezip my rebuild directory and send it back to you.

• I rebuilt all the directories, but the client stop at the logging in page and dont load other pageScreenshot from 2017-02-08 01:51:53.png