Alpha 5.4 Released!

• Performance

• Upgraded the server to .Net 4.6.2. If you are running under mono on Linux or OSX, you may need the current beta of mono (4.8)
    • Trees on the minimap are now batched, which should result in improved performance
    • Improved performance of visibility checks for world chunks (Thanks @ChronosWS!)
    • Pooled plant objects for faster instantiation (Thanks @ChronosWS!)
    • Updated speedtree shaders to use instanced rendering. This should dramatically improve performance for most users, if their GPU supports it (DX11 / OpenGL 4.1)

Bug Fixes

• Further improvements to chat functionality and channels. Should fix numerous cases of messages becoming missing.
    • Fixed problem with renderscale slider that caused unnecessary render target creation every frame.
    • Fixed issue with world objects where sometimes the crafting timers did not properly count down.
    • Fixed vehicles not remembering how efficient they are on various terrain after a reload of the server.
    • Fix plant highlighting when the highlighted plant changed shape during highlight
    • Fixed a stack overflow issue on some machines due to expression compilation
    • Fixed an issue with the chunk builder when building meshes that had more than 65534 vertices.

New Features

• Oil is now a finite resource. Fixed numerous issues with harvesting oil with pumpjacks.
    • Real effects for diving underwater.
    • Beginnings of animations for character avatars
    • New block effects
    • Added mouse sensitivity control
    • Triggered the freshness (Thanks @stett!)
    • Improved block targeting and placement cursor
    • Backup plugin now saves its config, and has settings for frequency of backups to keep

• any word on farming bugs ?

• Yes, sadly the farming fix was not ready for 5.4 and will be in 5.5

• @Metachronism said:

Triggered the freshness

Eh?

• @NoBlackThunder said:

Yes, sadly the farming fix was not ready for 5.4 and will be in 5.5

sweet ! cant wait for 5.5 lol

• it would be great if you put a bar of life, how about minecraft, with the same functions

• @thomas7777 said:

it would be great if you put a bar of life, how about minecraft, with the same functions

in past versions they did not have health due to unabilty to die every one just being immortal - it would be cool if latter on they add morality and then medical profession to the game. then add dangerous animals like poisons spiders snakes, random bear attacks drowning - cave ins broken bones things like that.

• For the life of me I can not figure out how to update. Iv been at v5.0 for months.

• @pomerjon nevermind I just found it lol

• Yea you need to manually update Eco =P

we will looking at making some form of updater / launcher in the future

• Any word on the eta of when the next update will be?

• Soon™ =P

Jokes aside .right now there is not eta . but if everything goes well maybe within the next 2-3 weeks , or maybe even earlier

• Will you also be able to change gender of your character?

• After creation? i dont think so .. but if people like i guess a modder could with ease let you open the avatar creation screen again.

The reason why i dont think we will allow that is because we would have to create a new character screen where you cant edit thinks like clothing so you dont overwrite cloth you have made etc.

• Dont make this game like minecraft (adding animals that attack, health bars etc..), you will lose lots of players.
    Another suggestion: Don't polish the game now, do it before the release, now focus on the performance and fixing it :)

• @Imperiul Don't think there is any risk for that mate, they kinda made it obvious in their correspondence regarding the development

• I was just commenting what thomas777 said (it would be great if you put a bar of life, how about minecraft, with the same functions)

• Yea dont worry this is not minecraft 2.0 ;) and we wont make into minecraft 2.0

• ETA till them zombies? :P Joking :) I'm really happy you guys have stuck with your principles.

• Zombies ? what kind of madness is that?

• Madness?
    This is ECOOooo! :)