Alpha 5.4 Released!

• A question about updating, do i keep the the current world or do i need to start over again

• @JonniB You can keep the current world.
    I wrote instructions how to upgrade from 5.3 to 5.4 in this topic here:
    http://ecoforum.strangeloopgames.com:4567/topic/1484/mono-ubuntu-16-ecoserver-5-4-cbfbea3a-crash/16

(inscructions for linux is in the same topic if you scroll up)

• @ChronosWS

1. Hardware: Amd Phenom II X4 @3.2Ghz, 16gb ram, Amd Rx460
    2. Os: Win7.
    3. World size: 100x100 ( default worldgen config exept for seed number )
    4. Game settings ( See screenshot )
    5. Umm... just open minimap and fps drops from 60 down to... 20-ish in 5.3 and 5.4 the lagg eventualy makes dragging items from a chest to hotbar make the box it's suppose to be dropped in feels like it's moving to one of the corners... i dont feel any minimap preformance boosts unless i turn the minimap detale to the lowest possible setting and i did not realy have much issues in 5.3 on that low setting so i dont feel a diffrance in 5.4 because of that.
      So i just use the minimap to get my bearing and then i close it again... atleast the crash or server kick issue when closing the minimap is gone.

Screenshot:
    Quality.jpg

• @tbbw82 In windows I was able to just extract the new server and move over my Config and Storage folder from the old server to the new server. I went from a 5.3 to a 5.4 staging build, and then the 5.4 alpha that way, and it has kept all of the progress that the players on my server have made. I just logged in and let them know I was updating the server and to go down load the newest version, and then the update took a total of 5 minutes tops, because I wanted to toss in a reboot of the VM itself before updating the server.

• Some info that may be of use concerning the mini map.
    If you turn off the filter for player land claims( firepit,workbench,etc...), there is little to no stuttering anymore.
    I was able to whiz around the world map easily in full screen.
    Noticed this today with the 5.3 build.

• @Talus Glad the upgrade worked out for you :)

@RedVenom i'll try that to see how much diffrance it is for me :)

• Speaking of testing, would anyone here mind me running an account on their reasonably-populated server for the purpose of performance investigations? I wouldn't be playing or contributing to the economy, just running around the world doing profiling. Let me know in privmsg if you are open to that. Thanks.

• Here's something that contributes to low framerates: Too many animals in one location. I don't know why, but on the server I play on, there are tons of hares, bison, and elk congregated into one area and it just slows down everything. Somebody on the server told me that happens often, because they end up getting chased into one spot by players over time.

• @ReignDance We got a simular issue but with elks, all you need to do to get rid of em is run a blast furnance for about an hour or two and plants will start to die and the elks run off to some other place.

• Look forward to the next update

• The new bold font on things hurts the eyes.