Can't remove dead plants

• I was doing some testing with farming and my plants died from an incorrect environment. When I tried to remove the plants with E, or with a scythe, the game didn't respond. When I used a shovel to remove the ground underneath the plant, the plant disappears but I cannot replant on the same spot and I can see the plant information when I use the soil sampler.

Thanks!

• Farming is currently really buggy, and from what I have read elsewhere, there is apparently a bunch of work being done on farming in the current phase of the Alpha. I was going to work towards farming (being a new player and super interested in that aspect of the game) however I'm holding off and focusing on other skill trees while I wait for it to be fixed up a bit in the next phase of alpha patches.

• Same here at this point Talus!

• Dead plants are removed by using the Shovel, this is by design (digging out the dead roots etc).

However, currently farming is broken in patch 5.3, and will still be broken in bug fix patch 5.4. In the next major patch (which I believe is 5.5) it will be fixed.

To replant, you will need to use the shovel to remove the dead plant, and then re-use the hoe. If that does not work, try digging the dirt out and placing it back.

• "When I used a shovel to remove the ground underneath the plant, the plant disappears but I cannot replant on the same spot and I can see the plant information when I use the soil sampler."

• That is a known bug currently that plants dont get removed from the game data