Textures!

• SLG Admin

This is some bizarre unity shader build issue - I believe it should be fixed as of alpha 2.

• My textures were fixed after the update for Alpha .2. Did this happen for anyone else, or are people still experiencing an issue with textures?

• I'm sorry if there is a more recent thread about this issue; I didn't see one.

Since the last two posts seem to suggest that it was fixed in Alpha 2, I just wanted to post here that I am still experiencing this issue in Alpha 4. Pretty much everything is black except for the sky and water, like the screenshot from xeal shows.

My computer:
    2011 Macbook Pro
    2.3 GHz Intel Core i7
    AMD Radeon HD 6750M
    OS X 10.9.5

What I see:
    Screen Shot 2016-07-01 at 1.38.08.png

• SLG Admin

it should have been fixet .. i suspect you might have issues with your drivers since this is not an 4000hd /5000hd ( those where the earlier version having this issue) so i guess you might wanna updated your drivers first?

• @NoBlackThunder On OS X, drivers are not distinct from the OS itself.  The OS is bundled with drivers for all the computers/graphics-cards it can run on, and upgrading drivers independently is not possible, save a graphics driver patch released by Apple.  Apple currently supports and releases updates & patches for 10.9 (2¾ years old) - 10.11 (current, ¾ of a year old), so as long as @stagegazer has all updates in the App Store app's Updates tab installed, he/she's running the latest drivers available.

• SLG Admin

well thank you for telling me that .. worked only once for a big print company and had quite issues with drivers since apple was blocking them actively until they got payed for royalty's back then after each osx release, causing lots off issues for customers. thats where my knowledge of mac os stops =) . but well that also sucks since i guess apple is pretty slow making themselves those updates. still gonna poke eric again maybe he has an idea / solution to this issue

• Yea I'm playing Alpha 4 right now and I haven't experienced the texture issue at all, not since last time. Still playing on the same computer btw

• @NoBlackThunder Yeah, I have too. OS X mass-production print drivers suck.

Graphics card drivers are a different story because they're assembled and shipped by Apple in its own computers.  Apple has end-to-end control on graphics cards, and while they lag behind new standards (e.g. OpenGL 4), they're usually on it with issue fixes.

…Because if they aren't on it, it gets very expensive for them to do free-under-warranty replacements/upgrades at Apple Stores.  And it's not terribly difficult for a customer to prove that there's a “problem” with a specific computer by clean-installing the latest OS, showing the graphics card is “misbehaving”, and showing that both their older Macs and newer Macs run the game without issues.

• SLG Admin

its not only stock drivers .. apple has there own driver license called post script i think they sell for like 5k per client if i dont remember the price wrong ... well it would be better gpu company's like intel , ati and nvidia would do drivers .. would be less issues and they could blame them .. actually ati and nvidia do linux driver, those should be very similar to apple OS'es.. though driver issue is just a speculation from my side, i have no idea

• SLG Admin