Steplife ECO Server is up and running.

• Untitled.gif

Features:
    Spawn town featuring everything that has been researched so far.
    Tutorial signs all around spawn town to show new players how to play.
    Central Library for new arrivals to go and catchup on technology
    Market square for players to own a shop and trade goods.

Wipes:
    If for some reason the server has to be wiped I will provide books to get us back where we left off and materials to rebuild.

The purpose of the Steplife server is to teach people about the game as well as help the developers with feedback about the game mechanics etc.

I do not tolerate harassment, language or griefing. No warnings will be given.

Thanks.

• Hey, hopefully you get this message. Havent been able to connect to the server since 5pm EST. It hangs on Connecting... and never connects. Dont know if you are still on your trip or have access to your server but you may want to look into it to make sure its not an issue serverside.

• Hey guys,

same trouble over here... started around the same time... so it is a server problem I guess!?

I'll check if the server comes back, send me a message if possible if there are changes (restart etc.).

Happy New Year,

Inc

• I have the same problem as the other people just " connect....." never joining in ... T_T

• Dev Tier

Different server, stuck at connecting. Other servers works fine.

• sorry, I'll restart it now.

• According to the server page it says 4 people are on the server. Sadly, I still cant seem to join it. It still hangs on Connecting.... Not sure if anyone else is still having this problem.

• Still the same for me too... connecting... .................. nothing.

• Same issue here all along, was waiting to see when you come back. Hangs on connecting, has done so for two days now, and as with others, shows 4 people playing. As of this post, still hangs.

• Yeah still same problem but now it gets stuck at loading objects... :(

• I restarted it again and I was able to get on. Minimap still isn't working. 2nd time I tried to connect it just sits at "connecting". I'm looking into it. I really don't know what to try though.

• I saw your submission for the ticket. Not sure if it is still up, but they assigned it to someone and he replied it was taken care of and linked it to a thread, that links it back to your thread.
    There was also mention of clients having that issue, and I believe, that the person that worked the ticket attributed it to that, without realizing that every that connects to your server has it only on your server. May want to push back on it. IT was assigned to someone in this thread https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/913

• Bad news for me it appears. Just tried to log in and same issue. Loading objects, then stuck. I even dumped my client. Re-downloaded it and put it in a different folder. No change. Hope they figure it out soon. I have seen it listed as a bug in another thread, dev response said will "fix" in next patch, no eta. http://ecoforum.strangeloopgames.com:4567/topic/1239/connecting-issue

• I'm at a loss. the thread for the minimap is here
    https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/913

I've restarted the server several times. I was able to login immediately after the server restarted, but not all the blocks load and I can't do anything.

fyi, the server is on pingperfect. it's 2 gig memory, SSD. maybe that's not enough power? @Pingperfect

Day 3 the minimap stooped working.
    Day 11 the server stopped working.
    It's day 13 now and we can't get on.

Options?

1. Wait for a fix?
    2. Restart with all our current books and supreme bear food? (200+ points per day)

• Ultimately reset or not, I am good. My only suggestion is to back it up, wipe it and if the issues are fixed, then we know the files got corrupted. Is there anyway to save the character data for the core players and just over write them so they can pick up where they left off? Just not certain what abilities your supplier has to aid in troubleshooting, but as small as the game is you should be able to back it up and try a few things.

• The game auto backs up every 30mins. There are 5 backups. I downloaded the latest one.

There are no separate player files. it's all in game.eco

Admins can /give items to which is what I did last reset to get the books back.
    Admins can also /skillpoints to get 10,000 points.

If the core players want to be admins and do that i'm willing to make us all admins.

I will wipe and restore the backup.

• I wiped the world and it's working again.

I tried restoring the backup and it wouldn't let me connect.

I'm adding the main players as admin. It's up to you if you want to use the options.

please be very careful with the /level command. It's how I made the long road.

• Zhama, Diosys and Incendius are admins. If anyone else that plays a lot would like admin please message me.

• Oh, my. Well thank you Statler! I took off with my wife this morning to run errands, which led to a pokemon hunt. So there is hours of my life gone forever, but she was well and truly happy, so I will be tomorrow, before I can get into the full swing. I will get savy with the commands and do what I can to help. Thanks for the honor and the confidence :)

• Server has been offline for the last 1-2 hours. Hopefully everything is alright.