Alpha 5 Hotfixes

• ok so it happens with stone ramps too. but if you change the block under it to something with efficiency set above 0 it will work. the carts seem to make players sink into the ground, when crossing world borders its making the players screen go under ground and making the cart stop on the bottom of the ramps with blocks under them set to 0 efficiency

• The issues crossing the edge of maps seems to be quite a bit worse on this build vs 4 you could usually tweak you way past it but not really in this revision can we get some love it that regard.

• i found a way to trigger the (Here is a message sent on chat) bug that hepcakip found.
    if you crash the client (off the server/not a full crash) and reload into the server without closing the game you will not be able to see chat.(you must close the game before chat will show.)
    you can crash the client by using the road tool on a log or object. -also needs fixed

• the dirt road block crafting time of 1 min is a bit high, when dirt road ramp is only 6 sec.

ramps are lite objects and you can have large stacks(over 10) of ramps in your inventory slots when you can only have 10 dirt in a stack in the carrying slot

• A new hotfixed build was pushed, both client and server.

Server fixes include the various small item tweaks. Chimney weight, and other tech tree progression issues.
    Client fixes include minimap text and phantom character avatar fixes.

We are still working on the 'everything dies' bug, this seems to be mostly caused by common grass taking over the world. Once that is fixed the official mailer for alpha 5 should go out.

We will continue fixing bugs, if you come across one that isn't posted, please do so to the github issues list. Thanks.

• cant use shovel on tilled block -- always error

• with the officially mailer going out today, does that mean that the server has been hotfixed again?

• I was wondering if the dying ecosystem bug had been fix with the official announcement of alpha 5 :P
    Any info on that ?
    Was away for about a week and didn´t got all the infos on that issue yet :/

• @Metachronism so in your post you mention once the everything dies bug is fixed the mailer for alpha 5 would go out. So it already did but after running a server since yesterday, the populations are again massively dropping. =/

Also on my server at least, chat is broken, it does not update (only way I found to refresh is to close/open the chat window again).

• It should be, but let me double check. Its possible the server build on the site was not refreshed with the hotfix to prevent grass from taking over the world.

• A small hotfix was pushed to prevent plant death due to overpopulation, but it breaks some other things (notably you can dig up grass and get 'Grass' instead of Dirt)

This will be patched again along with another client hotfix very soon, if not later today then tomorrow.

• @Metachronism said:

A small hotfix was pushed to prevent plant death due to overpopulation, but it breaks some other things (notably you can dig up grass and get 'Grass' instead of Dirt)

This will be patched again along with another client hotfix very soon, if not later today then tomorrow.

SO does this mean if we reset our server with the new hotfix (if it´s yet been released) then it should all be fine now ? :P

• If all your plants have already died off due to overcrowding (from grass spreading) then its safest to restart. Grass will still spread like crazy, but it won't kill off the other plants in the process.

• I've been out of town for a week I see the plant die off has been addressed what about the massive animal die offs? also do I need to reset it? is there a way to spawn animal populations?

• @Metachronism Is it supposed to be possible to "weed" farmland? I noticed that shoveling the dirt out from under a plant causes the plant to disappear, but if you replace the dirt and use the soil sampler the plant is still there. Also, there doesn't seem to be any way to clear dead/withered plants.

I'm curious how the soil suitability is calculated. Since I couldn't destroy the plants invading my farm area, I built a bridge across a lake, and placed dirt on top of the bridge, but it always gave me a 0% growth rate, even when the temp/moisture were close.