Alpha 5 Hotfixes

• @midn8t "Work together through the player-run government and economy to build the technology to stop a meteor on a collision course with the planet, without polluting the world and killing it off in the process before that even happens." Copied from the main page description. The meteor is the whole point of the game tho, play how you want, but the meteor is a huge part of the game and needs to be balanced around.

• @Dragonshifty said:

@midn8t "Work together through the player-run government and economy to build the technology to stop a meteor on a collision course with the planet, without polluting the world and killing it off in the process before that even happens." Copied from the main page description. The meteor is the whole point of the game tho, play how you want, but the meteor is a huge part of the game and needs to be balanced around.

that is my point though, any system can work they just need work it around the balance with the metor..

anther system they could use with the earn skill point system is they could setup schools and the education books in school could provide skill points.. for people who fall behind or they could do something like this.

If one person is really good at farming they could teach or show someone else how to be that good.

anything i think is better then the waiting game we play now which is not really that much fun honestly.

• Hey guys, keep the feedback coming its all very useful.

We want to allow for more scenarios or changing up the game rules, you can do a lot of this already with some knowledge of the code so I expect once we spend time documenting this you'll be able to mod the game with any small tweaks you want, eg learning skills differently or whatever.

A new hotfix is coming very shortly for the client, its being uploaded as I type this.

• Great to here are we going to get a change log for the client?

• Updated with latest client hotfix info.

Please keep posting any egregious issues and we will continue the hotfixing party.

• Glad the minimap's back, but names of people and benches on it seem to write out one character a line, and the filter's box doesn't match up to the side (some of the text is floating on the border line as well.)

• Here is our first bug with new client it's linda cool looking but char texturesChar.png are not loading in.

• that's pretty awesome, not gonna lie

• yeah it's really cool looking but probably not intended ;)

• Graphic of what trainmon is describing.
    upload-9e29382e-8c83-41c9-8388-86ec870196ec

• @Trainmon Noticed this as well, will fix in next hotfix (likely tomorrow)

• Came across a bug that either disconnects me from the server or crashes my game when attempting to place the kiln. It states "caught exception: duplicate components are not supported" or simply crashes the game completely. I apologize if this has already been brought to your attention.

• @Kane-Markoff Do you have the hotfixed server? The update we pushed last friday should have fixed that.

• I just put down a town hall, and it instantly kicked me out of the server, now every time I try to log in, it loads me in, but instantly kicks me out with no info after I'm in for barely an instant.

• --BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    12/05/2016 16:29:54

Exception
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.get_Item(TKey key) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index) at Eco.Gameplay.Controller.ControllerManager.PackageController(IController controller, INetClient boundClient) at Eco.Gameplay.Controller.ControllerManager.PackageChildProperties(BSONObject bson, INetClient boundClient, Object value) at Eco.Gameplay.Controller.ControllerManager.PackageController(IController controller, INetClient boundClient) at Eco.Gameplay.Objects.WorldObject.SendInitialState(BSONObject bsonObj, INetObjectViewer viewer) at Eco.Shared.Networking.NetObjectManager.GetInitialObjectStates(List1 newObjects, INetObjectViewer viewer)
    at Eco.Plugins.Networking.Clients.Client.Update()
    at Eco.Plugins.Networking.Clients.Client.<.ctor>b__49_1()

Inner Exception
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.get_Item(TKey key) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.RuntimePropertyInfo.GetValue(Object obj, Object[] index) at Eco.Gameplay.Controller.ControllerManager.PackageController(IController controller, INetClient boundClient) at Eco.Gameplay.Controller.ControllerManager.PackageChildProperties(BSONObject bson, INetClient boundClient, Object value) at Eco.Gameplay.Controller.ControllerManager.PackageController(IController controller, INetClient boundClient) at Eco.Gameplay.Objects.WorldObject.SendInitialState(BSONObject bsonObj, INetObjectViewer viewer) at Eco.Shared.Networking.NetObjectManager.GetInitialObjectStates(List1 newObjects, INetObjectViewer viewer)
    at Eco.Plugins.Networking.Clients.Client.Update()
    at Eco.Plugins.Networking.Clients.Client.<.ctor>b__49_1()

--END DUMP--

here is the server dump file for that

• This is kicking everyone off my server

• @Trainmon So the townhall doesnt actually do anything currently. But to fix your issue if you have access to the server:

Open TownHall.cs
    Mods\AutoGen\WorldObject\TownHall.cs

and remove line 35

this.AddComponent(() => new CraftingComponent());

there are no recipes at the townhall and its crashing looking for them. The intention is that later, the townhall will be where the world leader can craft propertyclaims to sell/assign to players, but thats not ready yet.

• @hepcatkip is this happening continuously? If so send me your game.eco file (eric@strangeloopgames.com)

• I restored a backup So we won't need to css fix right away though I may make the change in case a different player puts it down. @Metachronism that's the server side from the after a player puts a townhall down it crashed all players after they log in for about 30 seconds looks like you know the cause you still want the game.eco I still have it?

• yeah its still useful, it doesn't look like the same crash I was getting when I placed a townhall down myself.