Current Alpha 5 Test Build [PC client only]

• @perry

you can craft items using the other Pitch items sure, just did it myself a few minutes ago =)

• @GeneralZOCK That's strange, I have both Charred Pitch and Masonry Pitch in my inventory and I'm not able to craft Mortared stone unless I give my self PitchItem, playing with the latest version available from the onedrive URL's on top of this topic. 0.5.0 master-c98502c9, same version as the SLG Debug server is running with.

• we are at 5.3 already for the pre-released version. you can download that from your account page

• I think that's more like Alpha 5 pre 3, the OneDrive URL's on top of this topic is a lot newer than 5.3 in the download list as far as I know since it's refered to as Alpha 5 RC in the server list and contains a lot of fixes done after "5.3".

• Sorry I am traveling atm but will update the post once I'm at a better pc. Thanks for testing it so far though! I will have our tech tree designer look at the pitch issue.

• @Metachronism No problem, I'm just posting the issues I see and find on my way.

I'm wondering if anyone else is having issues placing for example a kiln? I get kicked out once I place one with the error Duplicate Components are not supported. I did get the same error when I tried placing a powered cart as well I think, but firstly I thought it might be because I cheated it in and didn't have the necessary skills to use it, but this kind of makes me believe that it might be because I placed it on top of some stone road blocks which in a way occupies the block above so it "thinks" it have to replace those blocks as well. Might have to retry that later today.

--BEGIN DUMP--
    Dump Time
    11/23/2016 08:30:45

Exception
    System.InvalidOperationException: Duplicate components are not supported.
    at Eco.Gameplay.Objects.WorldObject.AddComponent[T](Func`1 makeComponent)
    at Eco.Mods.TechTree.KilnObject.OnCreate()
    at Eco.Gameplay.Objects.WorldObject.Add(WorldObject worldObject, Player creator, Nullable`1 position, Nullable`1 rotation)
    at Eco.Gameplay.Objects.WorldObject.TryToAdd(Type worldObjectType, Player creator, Nullable`1 position, Nullable`1 rotation, Boolean checkOccupancy)
    at Eco.Gameplay.Objects.WorldObjectManager.HandleAttemptPlace(Player player, WorldObjectItem item, Vector3i pos, Quaternion rot)
    at Eco.Gameplay.Items.WorldObjectItem.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<OnActRight>b__0(BSONObject x)
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.RPCManager.HandleQueryResponse(BSONObject bson)
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.NetPort.ProcessBuffer(Int64 maxMilliseconds)
    at Eco.Shared.Networking.NetPort.Update(Int64 maxMilliseconds)
    at Eco.Plugins.Networking.Clients.Client.<.ctor>b__49_0()

--END DUMP--

From what I see it complains about another block occupying the space the Kiln is placed on but I have at least one block of space free on each four sides of Kiln so that it shouldn't be trying to replace any blocks. Unless that's where my last wood cart vanished that is, so that it in the "world file" still is at the same location but invisible to me in the client for some reason. I do have an invisible dirt ramp after I picked it back up with the hammer, not able to place any blocks in the same place as that one was earlier.

Is there a way to enable a view to see occupied blocks in the game? Like a hidden admin debug command of sorts?

Update: Did a test where I filled the entire room with wood logs just to see if there was any blocks I wasn't allowed to put any and I was allowed to put blocks everywhere. So that shouldn't be the issue.

edit: the code block didn't quite do it's job there, so just added it to all the lines of the dump..

• Are there any news on the ALpha 5 release atm ?

Cuz the SLG Debug Server runs the Alpha 5 RC fot about one week now and RC stands for Release Client if i´m right :P

So it would be nice the get some new input, because the server me and my freinds recently played on and where we almost researched the Laser thing got wiped and for reason of that we want to wait until alpha 5 gets thrown out :P

But we dont want to wait so long haha =D

Greetings :P

• So... Anyone can get Eco for free?

• @Cute-Little-Froggy said:

So... Anyone can get Eco for free?

You still need an account to login with.

• @GeneralZOCK Should be early this coming week.

• @Metachronism

That are really good news =)

• First and foremost love the new skill tree and how it stops the weird chokehold the 5.3 version had. Showing more info before you invest in a tree or recipe also is a livesaver for people planning ahead. I'm also interested in trying out some of the new objects like the windmill and waterwheel.

On the other hand, there are some serious problems that emerged in resource gathering and ecosystem simulation. I can't gather nearly any plants besides wheat and grass with a scythe, 3/4 the time I can't even get a highlight on the plants, so I'm not able to test out agriculture or cooking research trees. Wood gathering is also much harder in that logs can get stuck to the ground like glue where some chunk of it is near unreachable to chop (visible but registers as below block level compared to the grass around it). Animal and plant populations die off crazy fast all by themselves. The server I'm on currently has 1 bison and 1 turkey, and total less than 100 animals (including a 1 of 0 fox that can do a crazy mean moonwalk), compared to well over 1k total when it started.

All in all I think the skill tree and item updates are cool, but it's a big step back in block by block interaction with the world (if 5.3 was an 8/10 in this regard, this build is a 4/10), and animal populations need some tweaking that they don't start dropping like flies after a server starts.

• @perry I will fix this issue with the kiln. Easy fix.

• @Metachronism Kind of fixed it on my own the other day, just edited the source for the kiln and removed some of the requirements for it. Not sure how I'm supposed to make a chimney before I can make bricks so I removed that part of the requirement.

• Build updated, RC2.

• Few more fixes coming by end of day -

• fixing camas harvesting (use shovel)
    • fixing wood and powered cart crash (client DC) when placing
    • misc tech tree tweaks

• @Metachronism

So RC2 tells us that you are even more close towards release ? =D
    Sry if i annoy u with the question :/

• @GeneralZOCK This build is almost there. We are somewhat confident that fixes won't cause world wipes, so you should be able to start now if you want...

Another day or two of solid testing and it will be official...

• Got latest build. Small Bugs We found so far
    When a tree falls the branches can sometimes not be targetable.
    Downed trees cannot be moved amplifying branch bug above.
    Camas is great but there is a new bush that isn't harvestable.. bush.png

• People and animals are popping in and out of vision. like there draw distance is way shorter.
    We have also had crashes gathering turkeys. but was not able to get specific error yet.