Current Alpha 5 Test Build [PC client only]

• SLG Admin

Alpha 5 is currently released! (Official announcement soon)
    This post is retired, a new one will be started for future early releases.

• Am currently doing so, just noticed the server is no longer crashing on mono. :)

• I just started the ECO 5.3 Pre Release and got sound in the Server browser but as soon as i connect to a server the sound mutes and i cannot turn it back on via the ingame menu any hints on this ? :P

• try downloading the server/client from the links above, they are test versions of 5.4 which should be fixing issues such as that

• Yup 5.4 fixed the issue, but brought one issue that headset-killed me; the UI "switch tabs" sound sometimes just ignores the sound settings and plays it as loudest as the universe can. Also happens with sounds like skill point upgrade.

First time that happened I got kinda K.O.

• Does this build fix property claims (both vehicles and estate) being erased when the server crashes?

• SLG Admin

• SLG Admin

@MaxBacon try adjusting your audio again in the escape menu. The old setting that was saved before might be a bogus value.

• @Metachronism oh the setting is correct and all the game sound adapts to it, expect some specific sounds (sometimes) like the clicking interface tabs, skill point upgrade are the ones I noticed. Rather random but i'll check to update the sound VFX setting once it happens again and see if it stops it. ;)

• @Metachronism so on the last build, mono doesn't work anymore, here's the dump:
    http://pastebin.com/raw/A9GYvGcw

edit. figured out typo when moving and extracting, that caused the crash ^-^

• SLG Admin

Was this with a clean refresh? It looks like its finding two items with the same names (that may be in different folders)

• SLG Admin

Build patched just now, compatible with the prior version, just with some more fixes.

• is this now 5.4 or still 5.3 ?
    rly want to play alpha 5 release :P

• Dev Tier

It was a test build they use for themselves and decided to share. They seem to make a lot more builds then they release. From the sounds of it. They have a little bit to go yet on refining and tweaking some systems and bugs. I can't wait either! It will be a glorious day!

• Just downloaded the latest version, shows alpha 0.5.0 master-ab890b67 in the menu, and it seems like I'm not able to place stuff when grass or other plants grows on top of a block. New blocks don't replace the item growing on normal grass blocks. So I have to dig out the blocks so the growing item disappear before I can place down log blocks.

Is this intentional or something that can be described as a bug?

Another thing is that on the server list it shows that I'm on day 1, which isn't correct since in-game it shows Day 20. The graphs also stops at Day 1 at 09:19. So I can't follow the changes done in the world regarding wildlife and ground changes.

• "Just downloaded the latest version, shows alpha 0.5.0 master-ab890b67 in the menu, and it seems like I'm not able to place stuff when grass or other plants grows on top of a block. New blocks don't replace the item growing on normal grass blocks. So I have to dig out the blocks so the growing item disappear before I can place down log blocks.

Is this intentional or something that can be described as a bug?"

As they try to do this game a realsitc as possible it is intentional and not a bug =)

And the Days displayed in the Server browser are the realtime days not the ingame days =)

• Is it normal after setting up the server on mono, after some time most of the world plants appear dead? The big majority of my server is trees with dead plants, and specific locations where they live.

Is this a generation issue where populations massively change after their generation?

• @GeneralZOCK I guess that makes sense, just was a bit weird that it wasn't enough to use the scythe to clear the block.. :) But it sometimes works when emptying the shovel on top of grass or plants and sometime not.

But I have another issue. I'm not able to collect my newly made wood cart from the Wainwright Table. I've emptied out my inventory completely, backpack and "quickbar" and still it weighs 5kg too much.. Is there a way to "buff" my weight limit that I've not found yet?

• SLG Admin

Its not intentional, I'm fixing it now currently.

• @perry
    Maybe try to put the cart in the Carrying hotbar slot =)