Need Help on Buying/Playing Eco

1. Will the price go down with due time? (I saw in another thread that the price currently is to scare off a majority of the "internet people" that judge a game too harshly for Alpha) Just curious as $40 is pretty hefty as of right now.

2. I heard from PAX Prime when going there, the game is about 30 days on the earth, or something like this? Is it true? The reason I want to know is that honestly I love experiences like Minecraft where the game essentially never ends, even after you finish final objective events, such as the Ender Dragon, you can still build, create etc. Is the only goal for Eco only to survive long enough, and thwart the meteor from hitting the earth? If possible i'd like to know if there other incentives to the game, maybe even traveling between planets, fighting over land with others if there would be possible PvP in the game, etc if that would ever become a feature.

3. How often are updates/will there be a ETA for release for Beta, if not full release? The reason I ask for this, is like games like ARK, Rust, worst of all, Cube World, etc other survival/Alpha/EA games are STILL not even fully released, ARK even put in paid DLC for an EA game. I don't want another experience where I commit to the game, but get left in the dust.
      tl;dr Will the devs let the game become commit-able reasonably? Or will it just be a short game in general?

4. How willing are the devs to listen to community feedback? Is it just the advertised "We'll listen to you" and never actually happens? The "We can't actually do that"? Or the "We'll see if we can attempt it/try something similar to it"?

Thanks for your time, and sorry if this comes off as a bit abrupt, these are my honest thoughts if I want to buy Eco and play it, same with a group of friends that are also interested in it, but have their doubts as well.

• choice 1 advice 2 worth 2
    Views

1. Current price isn't just about playing the game early, its also about having direct access to the devs, providing feedback, making suggestions, and whatnot while Eco is developed. This might not be worth it to some people, and that is fine. I actively encourage you to NOT purchase the game until release if that sort of thing doesn't interest you, as it will have really annoying bugs and issues up until release (hopefully not after) We don't yet know/have not settled on what Eco will retail for on official release.

2. We are designing around a 30 day impact time for the meteor. This is all fully configurable, you can turn the meteor off completely if you want.

3. Releases have been generally in 3 month windows - Alpha 5 will be ~3 months since alpha 4, which was a few months after alpha 3, etc. Beta will likely have quicker more balance related fixes that occur more frequently. Full retail 1.0 release is still targeted for the later half of next year.

4. Others can probably answer this better than I; I am generally always available on slack to chat about whatever/whenever during the week.

• Thank you very much for the quick and concise answers, which I am surprised you answered so quickly O_O.

I guess the only other factor that is keeping me from buying it right now to contribute and play, is for question 2.

Will there be any other features/events besides the meteor? Also I understand Eco is to be as close to biological/environmental as it should compared to real life, however will there be anything like other "forms of life" or possible space travel?

Thank you for your time.

• The meteor is the primary "pressure" on the ecosystem, which drives development and harvesting of resources with enough demand that if you aren't careful you can destroy the ecosystem in the process.

You can certainly do this without a meteor. Bad placement of factories, overharvesting resources, driving animals to extinction all can and will happen even without a meteor present. We have talked about having other smaller disasters (like droughts), but don't have anything much to share yet on that route.

choice 1 advice 2 worth 2
Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!