Before purchasing

• I've been searching through the forums and the main website and have yet to find any system requirements. The only requirements I have found was on the Steam page which states it is a windows game. Though I'm not sure if that is all up-to-date. As from searching I notice that ECO is being developed in C# and Unity 5. As I run a iMac, my question is does the game support OSX or just windows?

Living to Ride, Riding to Live

Views

• The game should run fine on OSX, they said it is not optimized for OS X back in Alpha 3. (i dont know if it has better support now that we are in 4 or not.)

https://www.strangeloopgames.com/eco-alpha-3-launched-ecosystem-balancing-signs-bug-fixes/
    (ctrl+F "OS X" )

Server Name: [US] Mediocre At Best [30day Meteor]
    IP: 198.46.227.194
    Discord: https://discord.gg/usSRE2G
    "Come trade, build, grow as you please!"
    Enjoy our custom mods!

• Thanks for the quick reply. Don't care if it is optimized as I do understand it is still in Alpha. As long as I'm able to run it on OSX I'll be happy.

Also will my graphics card be okay?

AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048 MB

• i run an R9 380 so you should be fine. if you run your own server game is processor intense other wise its fun :) enjoy mate! lots of good servers out there

Server Name: [US] Mediocre At Best [30day Meteor]
    IP: 198.46.227.194
    Discord: https://discord.gg/usSRE2G
    "Come trade, build, grow as you please!"
    Enjoy our custom mods!

• Thanks for the answers. I have a plenty of laptops I can run a local server on to get use to the game. Thanks again for the answers.

• Hey the game support mac, that said i am very carefully saying it will work. since ( my personal opinion) apple gives the worst hardware for a pretty high price. It seems like intel hd4000 gpu's are standard for mac computers. even though its a great gpu and a cheap one for desktop stuff its one of the worst gpu's for playing games out there. it works and the game will start, But when it comes to performance i cant promise you it will be with a high framerate, that of course applies for the current game state from what i have read. There is always done some optimization in the code, but i think the most optimization wil be done towards the end of the development when game systems become more done and complete. Therfore it is not easy to give any final system requirements yet for the game. We could say it works on X hardware fine . but in 5 month it might not . and then in the release version it might maybe work again. That all said and personal options aside:

I know there are mac users with mac that rund the plain old HD4000 and HD5000 GPU's and say it works fine while i also know there are other mac users that say its unplayable because of the low framerate (do to the lack of hardware power). I suspect that a lower end cpu might be the reason for that though in the end.

So depending on what hardware your mac has, but there cant be given any guarantee. What you can do is buy the game and try it out. if its not working well for you you can send a refund request to support@strangeloopgames.com , i would appreciate if you do that that you keep me postet on how well the game works so i can help later other mac users when they ask the same questions =)

• @NoBlackThunder Thanks for the info. I plan on purchasing it when I get off work and finish getting my dad's new laptop up and running for him. Either way I would like to play this game. I'm sure I can find a way to play it even if I have to rebuild my busted windows box.

• Runs a little slugish with default graphic settings. Though I'm sure once I tweak them I can get it to run smoothly. Thanks for all the help to the both of you.

• I'm maxing this game out on a GTX 970 if that helps. Except when the mini-map is open of course! ;P

Edit: I should add that I am using Win10 64-bit though.

• Most if not all lag after setting to the fastest options for my iMac was through my local server being ran on a laptop that was running through WiFi. I joined a server last night that had a low ping (called Springs Eco I think) that had a ping of about 55ms and i experienced no lag what so ever. Figured I'd post my specs so others thinking of buying can compare what my iMac has to their Mac

System: OSX El Capitan (Version 10.11.5)
    iMac: Retina 5k, 27 inc, Late 2015
    Processor: 3.2 Ghz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8GB @ 1867 MHz DDR3
    Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 M390 2048

Game settings - Fastest.

So tonight when I get done work, I'm going to start work on getting my laptop connected via a CAT5 and seeing if I can minimize the lag to learn how to play. Also going to wipe the server and run a clean version so I don't have to have the shitty start I had last night. Took for ever to figure out how to do anything. Though now I know how to start and get a decent part of the beginning going. Though I would like try my hand in creating mods for it eventually. Though it has been a while since I played around in Unity. Let alone C#.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!