Farming weird issue

• I am on dev server.

Ok so unfortunately I can't post a picture of this happening..... but I had planted huckleberries on my tilled ground. When it was time for their harvest i used E to harvest them and gathered them just fine.(side note you have to hit E multiple times on a planted bush its not a 1 click thing so you get alot more berries than expected!) Afterwards I planted wheat seeds on that ground. Now whenever i go to harvest that wheat with my scythe/sickle I always receive wheat AND huckleberries. It's as if hitting E on the berries didn't remove them from the block once their model disappeared.

In darkness there is light and in light there is darkness.

Views

• It seems like you've been granted the mystical huckleberry touch!

I have encountered a bug where plants give incorrect resource (bunchgrass giving camas bulbs, etc) but never with farming. I'll certainly look into this.

https://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/440

• Ecoylent is not intended to replace every meal, but it can replace any meal

• Thank you! Also um this might be weird but Beets and Sugarcane?!?!?! I have never seen these on the main dev server! Were they added after patch so wasn't generated in world gen?

• They don't actually exist yet. I meant to remove them from the items entirely but I forgot. They MAY be coming later or they may be removed depending on future updates.

I believe there is an alternate method of producing sugar currently, though sugar is currently only used for making yeast.

• @craig.jong said:

://github.com/StrangeLoopGames/EcoIssues/issues/440

Ecoylent is not intended to replace every meal, but it can replace any meal
    Mysteria posted about 4 hours ago reply quote 0
    Thank you! Also um this might be weird but Beets and Sugarcane?!?!?! I have never seen these on the main dev server! Were they added after patch so wasn't generated in world gen?

I've had another strange problem with crops.

Crops transform to another type.
    Camas transform into wheat for exemple. Some are still camas with the skin of wheat, some yield wheat.

• Is any additional in game testing desired for this? I was curious so I'm setting up some plots to see if it makes a difference in results.

a) Crops cycled giving the random result (I want to see if it's both, or just possibly something else. I think I was seeing a combination as well but I was harvesting too quickly to really tell.)
    b) Square retilled in between crops cycle
    c) Square dug up, then tilled between crops cycle
    d) Plot that is neither retilled or dug up, but only contains one crop type.

I'm going to admit, it would be somewhat amusing if untilled/undug up squares could result in random crops, similar to overgrowth or "weeds" of a prior crop.

• Yes! Any additional ingame testing of this would be awesome. If you can find a reliable way to reproduce this, it would help immensely.

• Will do. I should note that I do not use the E button for berries and instead used the scythe and had this occur. I'll continue the scythe method for these tests.

This is going to be done on the dev server and I've already put up some signs this morning before heading to work to remind myself what I'm doing and I'll post any results here and in github when I start seeing results.

If there are other scenarios that other people have found that I should try, let me know.

I also now plan on some non-dig/non-till with 2 crop rotation to see if that also observes an effect since my originals are going to be a 4 crop rotation.

• I'm seeing some even stranger stuff. I had dug up and did not till some land and yet these are growing random crops which are harvestable. I'm keeping some as seen. This may be what is causing some of this mixed crop behavior we're seeing. We get the images of what we planted down, but something is holding for the items previously planted.

This also means that I'll have to use a completely new plot for two of my testing areas.

untilled crops p2.jpg

• I'm confirming that I'm seeing plants grow where I did not resew seeds. I planted ferns in a strip and only replanted 1 seed at the end to remind myself what I planted there. Most of the strip has regrown ferns.

In the area I had mentioned I had dug up, replaced the dirt and tilled, as well as the place I tilled again, I had planted wheat. A random assortment grew, as well as some of the dug up and replaced but not tilled area also grew.Plantedwheat in both.jpg

I have started another newly tilled plot (with signs) to retry this as well.

• I think I figured it out and have added to the github. It seems to be due to this automatic regrowth. For now, the workaround is to not mix crops. Only plant one type in one area.

Also, if you want to save seeds and you expect to be gone for a day (unmodified growth time), don't replant and it'll regrow on it's own until this is fixed.

• Thank you so much for this in-depth testing!

I'll definitely look into fixing this and hopefully post results here. Your efforts will not go to waste.

• Welcome. This is also in relation to the multiple trees growing issue that you mentioned. I have at this point noticed that each time I don't replant, the less come up. More and more squares are empty. With the trees, that is likely why some are only one tree and another might be 7. Same with plant regrowth. Some only had 1, and only a few made it to 4 and 5.

Also, I do believe (needs more testing) that digging up the dirt tile and moving it to another location and then taking a different dirt tile (even one that was right next to it and previously used for farming) resets it.

• If I am not mistaken, each plant has a chance of naturally spreading (at least the default configs for plants have those attributes set). Not sure if this is fully implemented, but if it is, it could cause some of these phenomenons. Not sure if this would apply to planted crops vs wild crops.

I.e:
    Camas(Reproduction):
    FoodSourcesNeededToReporduce: 32
    OffspringCount: 3-6
    OvercrowdedLimit: 6
    OvercrowdedRange: 12
    ReproducePeriod: 0.5 - 1
    SeedRadius: 2-6

I am a Dev Tier backer, not a SLG employee. Pretend I know nothing.

Views

Internal error.

Oops! Looks like something went wrong!